1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anybody else feel unaccepted?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Secrets5, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

Do any other people who are pansexual, asexual, demisexual, non-binary gender identity feel unaccepted by the LGBT community?

Reason being is I've heard members say such things like "It's not normal, it's a mental disorder, it goes against what it means to be human" and "It should be persecuted" and "It's not real".

These people justify it by saying "it's not scientifically proven" but neither was homosexuality until 1970s [or there about] and transgender until 2000s, but people who are homosexual and transgender hate that it wasn't accepted before it was scientifically proven. Some who say this, say pan/a/demisexual and non-binary identity shouldn't need to be "scientifically proven", it's just not, but how can you know until you falsify it [this is not a question].

It's really getting to me and I'm really upset by it, I know I get upset about a lot of things, but people have really typed these words and it could mean further discrimination if I don't have support from other groups. I feel unaccepted here and everywhere by many people [not all] but I don't know where I'd go elsewhere?

Thank-you.

#1 Secrets5, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  2. ImHappy247

Out Status:
    All but family
    Well... I don't really use labels but I'll admit somedays (like today) I feel very comfortable when I say ''I am pansexual''. But I do get what you're saying, when you say you're pansexual or asexual or demisexual and you have to explain what the word means people tend to think you're making it up to feel special or different. I've tried to explain non-binary genders to some friends and they all end up saying something like ''that's just people trying to get some attention''. I feel like these things are still too ''new'' or unknown to so many people. Just now we're getting famous examples of genderfluid people like Ruby Rose but it's still a long way to go before people start to accept these new labels.

The LGTB community in general is not a good place for people who feel like they dont fit. At least that's how I've been feeling for a long time. Most of the gay guys I know are very close minded when it comes to anything that isn't black or white. So maybe we should have a GrayAreaCommunity haha. Or maybe we should just stand for ourselves, like individuals, and try to get people to understand, and to accept that some people are just not this or that. And fight the ignorance about sexuality and gender like we fight any other kind of ignorance, by talking about it a discussing it. :icon_bigg

3. Dionysia

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Honestly in most situations I feel as though I don't belong, but that's because the only groups I have been around are the LGBT group in college.

4. Feelunique

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Such a good statement. I felt young as bi that I was damned because I wasn't one or the other. I like the idea of a Gray Area Community. We as humans have proved that my fingerprint and DNA strand are one of a kind. I think if we could accept that every individual mind is just as unique and accept that there would be no need for a label or having to justify yourself

5. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope.

Happy days :slight_smile:

6. state-champs

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hell yeah. Not only by the LGBT community but from the heterosexual community as well. I haven't met a lot of people in the LGBT community say that the "in-betweeners" don't exist but I have heard it from a lot of straight people. One being my mom and sister. Which is why I haven't come out to them or anyone else in my family. You'd think that you would be accepted in the LGBT community but it seems that it's a double standard. Homosexuality and Heterosexuality are perfectly "normal", but anything in between doesn't exist. Therefore they're not allowed to be a part of the movement. Complete BS!!

7. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One thing I know for sure is that judgmental people are everywhere, and in many cases it seems to stem from a lack of education on the subject. That apparently won't change anytime soon because if we don't even have full equality yet who knows how long it'll be before they start teaching this in schools, right know health classes everywhere assume that everyone is 100% straight. For example as stated above, people refusing to acknowledge bisexuality even exists in the first place.

Back onto the topic at hand however, it seems impossible to escape them even in the few places you'd think they would be absent. It's rare, but every now and then I've seen people here that remind me of the very people I'm trying to escape.

#7 Kira, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016