1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I ask him out without messing things up?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Marco Blue, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Marco Blue

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have a friend in my school who I've known for many years now. We're not that close friends tho (we barely talk) I am gay and I think he is but I'm not 100% on it. I really want to ask him out but I'm not sure how to do so.even tho we don't talk to each other he is still a nice friend that I know and don't want that to become awkward if he isn't gay. How should I ask him out/find out if he is gay? Also not a lot of people know I'm gay. Very close friends and that's it. I do know that this guy always hangs out with large groups of girls, has a higher pitched voice and looks the part too. But i know I can't judge by that. What do I do?

2. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah you can judge by that. Dont be so politically correct that youre oblivuous. Ask him out

3. Marco Blue

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  4. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Approach him when he is by himself and literally ask him out. The worst that could happen is he turns you down and that's that, but that would be more due to the fact that he isn't interested in you rather than the way you asked him out. There are a dozen other ways you could go about it; you could message him through FB, you could leave him a letter where you know he would find it, you could hire a Mariachi to serenade him with your proposition; but I personally think simply asking him face to face whether he would like to go out with you or not is still the best approach. It's direct, you are putting yourself out there which shows you have balls, and it's just more personal.

So, go. Do it.

#4 RawringSnake, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  5. Marco Blue

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    But I don't want to lose a friend if it doesn't work out

6. Nobo

I have the same problem

7. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Then dont do it if youre too scared. Matter of fact, dont do anything that scares you in life. Sit on the couch instead. Price is Right is on at 11am daily.

8. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Uh, is there something in particular that makes you think he could end the friendship just because you asked him out? Because that sounds pretty unreasonable to me, and it is not at all the way things have worked in my case. I mean, I know you guys are still in school, but surely you are both mature enough to get over the mild awkwardness of him [potentially] turning you down without completely aborting the whole friendship. You would be asking him out, not killing his puppy; I don't see why he would stop being friends with you over something so trivial unless he is secretly homophobic, or something of the like.

#8 RawringSnake, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016