1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggest earrings for me?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Methrandir, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Methrandir

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey guys im gonna get both ears pierced soon so can you guys suggest some for me. Send links below!:thumbsup:

2. Lipstick Leuger

My son loves the thick hoops you can get at Spencers and Hot Topix.

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Industrial Strength, Anatometal, and Neometal, and Le Roi are wonderful. Glasswear Studios and Gorilla Glass also have amazing things, but I don't know how small they run.

I would say to be cautious with stuff from Hot Topic and Spencers because they're generally very low quality; with the only brands they carry that I'd recommend are Kaos Softwear (if you're interested in silicone, once you've fully healed).

And just a word of caution, avoid the following materials:

- Acrylic: Especially while you're healing because acrylic is porous. Dental acrylic is safer, but just that. Also, don't wear tapers. Tapers are tools to guide the jewelry through your piercing, and aren't supposed to be worn. Wearing tapers like you would plugs can cause irritation and migration of your piercing, which isn't good.

- Organics: This means bone, horn, wood, antler, and shell. These are all fine once you've healed (though some types of wood aren't safe to wear period, but it's unlikely you'll encounter them unless you go on etsy), but not while you're healing for the same reason as acrylic.

- Copper

- Brass (I think brass is only okay once you've healed, but what other metals it's made up from is questionable)

- Certain grades of gold: 14k and 16k are okay, but the higher the karat, the softer it is. BAF has some reputable carries of good gold jewlery.

- Silver / Sterling silver: Avoid silver at all costs, both in healed and unhealed piercings.

Here's the site I get my jewelry from: Body jewelry Bodyartforms plugs, barbells, captives, nosescrews, labrets, and more... If you check them out, you can sort by types of jewelry, brand, and different sizes among other things. Just be sure you have the correct measurements, since they carry different wareable lenths.

#3 Daydreamer1, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  4. Methrandir

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for the replies ill check them out