1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A world where homosexual is majority

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Secrets5, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

So I'm watching a YouTube video on heterophobia and where homosexuality is the majority.

My question is; if you were in this world, [parallel to modern day], would you accept heterosexuality?

Also, I noticed that 'hetero' was being shortened down as a slur, and 'homo' has been shortened down as a slur in the past, so why is shortening bisexual to 'bi' okay? Thank-you.

Just interested to know what you'd do.

#1 Secrets5, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  2. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You want a cynical, angry answer? 'Cause very few respect bisexuality. Bisexuality doesn't exist. It's all homo or hetero, must be, has to be...

Doesn't bother me the word 'bi', at least they are using a word, somehow recognizing a fact, you know

Would I accept heteros on such a world? Sure I would. It's a principle of accepting diversity at its core, not me just specifically and exclusively accepting heterosexuality.

Link to the video?

3. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you happen to mean this video? It's been a while since I'd watched it.

[YOUTUBE]CnOJgDW0gPI[/YOUTUBE]

Anyway, in my case it took having friends come out to me and eventually realizing I was gay myself to lose the homophobia, so if those events didn't happen I guess I would probably have never changed? I was a stubborn little kid. So if the world was the inverse I'd probably still be one of the crazies. :icon_redf

4. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It'd probably be just as crazy, but hopefully, it would cut down on the population, which would be a huge bonus. Way too many gluttonous humans, destroying the rest of the earth!

5. Cinis

Cinis Guest

Being bi i would probably accept them....not sure if I'd try out dating someone of the oppositesex though with everyone that crazy.Sadly I'm a coward and unwilling to die for my sexuality.

6. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    "The crooked man". Read it. Its a short story about this very topic. Written in the 1950s way ahead of its time

7. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Does anybody have a clue why I'm so upset by this though? I was shaking through the whole video. Usually only people get upset by things that affect they're in-group, I'm definitely not straight.

The book seems interesting, in the negative way, like how society changes overtime and how groups that have been hated on think it's okay to hate the people who've been hating them ...

---------- Post added 5th Feb 2016 at 01:29 PM ----------

In their parallel universe, there was a breeding period where they were allowed to procreate with those of the opposite sex.

8. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *le gasp*

Not a breeding period!

9. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Even then, they wouldn't have a need to repopulate unless population dropped rather low. Right now people keep on making more, despite it being at a rather unstable high. I imagine much of that is due to heterosexuality being so dominant, since that causes children even when they aren't trying to. If say, half of the world was gay, that would absolutely nuke the problem.

10. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I probably would, but I wouldn't be that active in promoting acceptance of heterosexuality, unless I had a really close friend or family, to be honest.

#10 MCairo, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  11. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I'd rather a world where bi is the majority. I'd have a girlfriend by this point, most likely...

12. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You make the mistake of thinking overpopulation as a global problem although it is very much a local problem. Unwanted pregnancies are a non-issue in most parts of the developed world. It's more of a problem in certain developing countries.

All industrialized economies are facing falling population numbers which is and will cause huge social problems in the future as smaller work force has to support the ageing population. Then again we have specific regions such as Africa, the Middle East and parts of Asia where population is increasing rapidly and unsustainably. Neither of these extremes is desirable.

The ideal situation would be that the populations would enter stable phase where they neither grow or decline. (Well, some most overcrowded areas might actually benefit from modest population decline but that is difficult to manage.)

13. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1) Totally. It makes me really upset when people can't accept certain things that don't have anything to do with them. I'd be quite vocal about it too. No group deserves to be oppressed, really. And if people start caring about the well being and happiness of others even if it has nothing to do with themselves, the world would be a so much better place.

2) I personally see "bi" just as a nickname for bisexual. As a lesbian, I don't call myself homosexual, I say I'm either a lesbian or gay, because that's just another way to say it that sounds better in my head. I feel like "bi" is the same kind of thing.

14. Mr Spock

I remember this video. I think it would be a totally different world. o_o

15. davidfreckelton

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I know the vid you're talking about.

I use bi over bisexual unless I'm making a point, mostly because I'm too lazy.