1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best and Worst Moments of Your Life?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by davidfreckelton, Feb 7, 2016.

1. davidfreckelton

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    What are the best and worst moments of your life?
    DISCLAIMER: This is not to attract pity, I'm just curious

Best: performing with my school's junior improv team in January 2016
    Worst: either the day I came out to my parents or the day my parents forced me to do the sign of the cross before grace by hitting me with a wooden spoon.

2. H20

H20

Best: getting my hair cut to my ears for the first time in order to transition
    Worst: when I got a root canal because my teeth hate me

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My memory is absolute garbage, so I'll do my best. Also, there might be more negatives than positives, so I'm not sure what that says about me.

Best:
    - Meeting my future partner at 16.
    - Getting some minor recognition for a Creepypasta I wrote at 16, which in turn, resulted in someone writing a pasta based off mine that's very popular now.
    - Got asked by said author if I wanted to collaborate on a film adaptation of the story, but nothing ever came of it.
    - Getting unintentionally gendered correctly in public by some strangers while I was pre-T.
    - Getting positive affirmations on one of the first of many freeverse poems I've written.
    - Graduating high school by the skin of my teeth.
    - Getting a job as an actor for a haunted attraction that was located at our local drive-in.
    - Starting T with my partner on the same day over a year ago.

Worst:
    - Seeing a woman get hit by a car outside a paint shop when I was in elementary school.
    - Hearing the news about one of my close online friends dying from some illness she had when I was 12.
    - Losing my dog who I had since I was one or two within the same short time span as the above statement.
    - Seeing the police in front of my house after my "half brother" was reported by a neighbor for sneaking in, thinking he was a burglar at about 13. I'm still not sure what was worse; how it was normal to expect the police to show up with him in the car for stealing (or something like that) or seeing/hearing my mom's boyfriend beat his ass in the other room for it.
    - Hearing a story when I was maybe 15 about how when my dad was a kid, he overheard my grandparents say he was a mistake (and I believe he told my mom when they were dating that he believes/d them)---all made worse by feeling like I'm just like him in the same respect.
    - Getting the news in my sophomore year of high school that one of my best friends got diagnosed with brain cancer (she has since made a full recovery), and that another almost attempted suicide shortly before Christmas break.
    - Having a panic attack in my junior year that would kickstart years of therapy.
    - Being hospitalized against my will at 19.
    - Relapsing with my self harm while I was in outpatient treatment.
    - Hearing that JewWario and someone I went to school with passed away from suicide months apart.
    - At least twice a month since last year, I've heavily considered trying to overdose on my anti-depressants.
    - Finding out that one of my childhood friends (who was like a sister to me before we grew apart, and has a young daughter) is serving time in prison for heroin possession.

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Eh, here's two more positive ones to make the load less depressing:

- I met David Newell (Mr. McFeely from Mister Rogers' Neighborhood) in the late 90s when I was in preschool or so while on a class trip to our local train and trolley museum.

- I got to meet Bob Dorough (Composer and performer for much of the stuff from Schoolhouse Rock) around the time I was in the 3rd grade, when he showed up as a guest to do some songs from the show. I'm pretty sure I was the only person in the room (aside from the teachers) who knew what he was talking about.