1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Senior Quotes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RaRa, Feb 8, 2009.

1. RaRa

Ok, so every senior gets one page in the yearbook devoted to them. Along with your age, where your born, blah blah blah, you get to pick 3 qoutes. These can be anything. It can be from a famous writer, a politician, or heck, you can even come up with your own.

I'm having trouble finding ones that I really like, and I was hoping all you awesome people on EC could help me. :grin:

I actually want qoutes that hint to my sexuality without screaming "I'm gay!" Something meaningful that will leave a mark in that persons head. I've had trouble finding something like that.

Thanks a bunch! :slight_smile:

2. Ben

Ben

"Pope John Paul today confirmed his opposition to gay marriages. Said that they are unnatural. Gay marriages are unnatural. Then he put on a pointy hat, his dress, and returned to never having sex at all." -- Bill Maher, Politically Incorrect

:grin:

3. pirateninja

Subtle, Ben. REAL subtle :grin:

Who would give a law to lovers? Love is unto itself a higher law. ~Boethius, The Consolation of Philosophy, A.D. 524

You are digging for the answers until your fingers bleed, to satisfy the hunger, to satiate the need.... And as you pray in your darkness for wings to set you free, you are bound to your silent legacy. ~Melissa Etheridge, "Silent Legacy," Yes I Am, 1993

Mothers, tell your children: be quick, you must be strong. Life is full of wonder, love is never wrong. Remember how they taught you, how much of it was fear. Refuse to hand it down - the legacy stops here. ~Melissa Etheridge, "Silent Legacy," Yes I Am, 1993

Labels are for filing. Labels are for clothing. Labels are not for people. ~Martina Navratilova

If Michelangelo had been straight, the Sistine Chapel would have been wallpapered. ~Robin Tyler

If horse racing is the sport of kings, then drag racing must be the sport of queens. ~Bert R. Sugar

- My mother made me a homosexual.
    - If I gave her the wool, would she make me one too?
    ~Graffiti, London, 1978

Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another. ~Homer

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein

There is just one life for each of us: our own. ~Euripides

Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth. ~Benjamin Disraeli

If God had wanted me otherwise, He would have created me otherwise. ~Johann von Goethe

Every time you don't follow your inner guidance, you feel a loss of energy, loss of power, a sense of spiritual deadness. ~Shakti Gawain

The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere. ~Anne Morrow Lindbergh

If you are ashamed to stand by your colors, you had better seek another flag. ~Author Unknown

Men weary as much of not doing the things they want to do as of doing the things they do not want to do. ~Eric Hoffer

Is life not a hundred times too short for us to stifle ourselves. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

The white light streams down to be broken up by those human prisms into all the colors of the rainbow. Take your own color in the pattern and be just that. ~Charles R. Brown

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere. ~Agnes Repplier

Resolve to be thyself; and know that he who finds himself, loses his misery. ~Matthew Arnold, "Self-Dependence," Empedocles on Etna, and Other Poems, 1852

To know what you prefer, instead of humbly saying "Amen" to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to keep your soul alive. ~Robert Louis Stevenson

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

The plague of mankind is the fear and rejection of diversity: monotheism, monarchy, monogamy and, in our age, monomedicine. The belief that there is only one right way to live, only one right way to regulate religious, political, sexual, medical affairs is the root cause of the greatest threat to man: members of his own species, bent on ensuring his salvation, security, and sanity. ~Thomas Szasz

4. RaRa

Ah! Thank you Holly! :slight_smile:

<3

5. pirateninja

I think I went a bit OTT :lol:

6. StrataScribe

Holly took some of mine :dry: haha!

Let my lusts be my ruin, then, since all else is a fake and a mockery. - Hart Crane

It's a helluva start, being able to recognize what makes you happy. - Lucille Ball

My theory is that the hardest work anyone does in life is to appear normal. - anonymous

7. starfish

There is only one quote suitable for a year book.

"What a long strange trip its been" -The Grateful Dead.

8. Meropspusillus

Meh. I like a lot of the ones Holly posted. Has nothing to do with sexuality really: but for mine I went with a good old Calvin and Hobbes one: "When life gives you lemons, I say throw them back and add some lemons of your own."

9. Nodnarb

We have to have our senior quotes in by next week, and I had no idea what I wanted to do...but, I really like some of Holly's. I may just go with one of them:slight_smile:

10. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

“If a society takes it upon itself to prescribe and proscribe certain streams of belief — to prohibit certain less-favored strains of conscience — it may be the non-believer who is among the first to be condemned. A coercive monopoly of belief threatens everyone, whether we are talking about those who search the philosophies of men or follow the words of God.” - Mitt Romney

^ I love that quote :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The one in my signature is my favourite, as well as "Be who you are and say what you feel, for those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" by Dr Seuss.

12. Mickey

I like the one I had as a signature:

Those who are different,change the world.
    Those who are the same,keep it that way.

13. RaRa

Thank youz all. :'D

I think I've found the 3 I want! :grin:

14. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>"What a long strange trip its been" -The Grateful Dead.

Aw, too many folks use that one. I did two, and the last one summed it up better.

[​IMG]

"It's been surreal!" - Gogo Dodo, Tiny Toons Adventures.

Lex

15. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    XD LOL! Love it.

16. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay