1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wisdom Teeth

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by littleraven, Feb 9, 2016.

1. littleraven

If you want, you can share experiences from when you got your wisdom teeth removed.

When I woke up, I could barely stand up. I kept laughing. I still don't know why.

2. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I couldn't afford to be knocked out, so I had to be awake.
    They had to give me three or four shots in the roof of my mouth before it was numb enough, apparently fear can affect how well medicine works.
    And the rest is a bit of a blur. I could feel tugging, but it didn't hurt, was just uncomfortable and bit terrifying. At one point it did hurt a very slight bit, that was one with deep roots and they ended up stitching that closed.

After that I was sent home. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. And everything healed up nicely.

3. Cedar

I had to get all four of mine removed at the same time because they were all mostly growing in sideways. Didn't feel a thing so that's good. Wasn't very sore afterwards either which was good.

4. littleraven

That's good. I just got mine taken out last week and they seem to be healing up just fine.

That moment when you realise that you cant eat solid foods for a while. XD (Of course, now I can, just not too hard)

5. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I woke up I told my mom that I wanted a steak. I spent the next week hopped up on pain meds. I don't remember a lot of it

6. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was numb through all of it, but jeez, it was so disgusting :| I mean, I can't feel pain, but I can hear them just slicing and breaking stuff inside my mouth :s Afterwards, it took a lot of time for my mouth to not be numb anymore. I also couldn't eat much for two to three weeks. Oh, and I couldn't sleep on my belly either because I would have had to sleep on a cheek. So... I didn't really sleep. Anyway, my dentist told me I had to take pain killers at every 8 hours for two days I think. So I had to take them at night, too.

All in all, I'm glad it was over. Still, it was not nearly as annoying as top surgery recovery :/

7. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm the one weirdo who still has all his wisdom teeth. They came in straight so I told the dentist I didn't want them removed, though he didn't seem to like that decision. I've never had a cavity on any of them, so I'm not too concerned. But whenever I see a hygienist I don't know too well, they always say something like "you have so many teeth!"

8. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Jeez, it was like five years ago. All I remember was walking up in the recovery room, and I was really loopy and energetic. I think I told my mom to race me to the door, and I almost fell on the floor after I sprang from the seat I was on to get to the exit. The rest after that was a blur, until I got home and threw up after trying to switch the gauze out of my mouth.

9. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't had them pulled but I will in about a year or two.

10. Murphy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember waking up, and somebody tried to hand me a little bag with my teeth in it and I was like "why would I want them." Of course, since I was still drowsy, I don't think it came out in any sort of coherent way.

11. DougTheBicycle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Got all four out at once! They put me under, and I couldn't count backward from 10 because I was laughing too much.

When I came back, I (apparently) asked my mom if I was Spiderman, and got super excited when the nurse put a band-aid where they had stuck the tube in me.

Then, on the way home, the pain set in, and my mom bought me a shake. It was tippy-top!

12. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Mmm, mine were all cut out a few years ago. All four at once. I didn't really need to have them removed at the time but I wanted to get ahead of them, before I started feeling any pain or teeth shifting. I remember that they gave me a giant bottle of codeine for it and sent me on my way. I was put under and when I woke up I felt super groggy? Like I just woke up from a not that refreshing afternoon nap. And then my best friend brought me a giant can of chicken noodle soup and other things, in a goody bag. Because she is the best.

13. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hell.
    Got an infection, problems for two months, and I wasn't able to even slow down my schedule, 'cause I just moved out to a new city and started a new job, which means I had to perform among awful pain and stress, plus a couple of hellish weekends when my face was so swollen, I almost ended up on the emergency room. I had so many analgesics (both rx and over the counter) it was a miracle I didn't get an ulcer. Also I had to endure 5 hours daily commuting, 5 days a week.

Hell. Just Hell.

14. peachygogh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm some evolutionary freak and don't have wisdom teeth at all

15. timo

I had one wisdom tooth removed years ago and don't remember anything about it, so probably wasn't that big of a deal or I would've known.

The other three are still there and there's no need to get them removed.

16. Feelunique

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I had all four taken at once. My top ones came in quick and funny and damaged the teeth in front. My bottoms were fine and unique. A Mulberry molar they called it and hadn't seen but once before. A five pointed tooth! I chose to be out cold for that operation. I just remember some goofy thoughts and the poor lady in the parking lot watch me lean over and let a mouthful of spit and blood go with my cheeks packed in gauze like a squirrel! Hahaha.

17. Tritri

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had all four taken at once. I was unconscious during it.
    Afterward, my tongue felt numb. They asked if anything hurt. I said my tongue. They asked "Does it really hurt or just feel numb?" and I said "it's numb".
    My mom said that many people say a lot of stupid things after getting their wisdom teeth removed, and many get recorded on tape. That was about the closest I got to saying anything stupid, but I hiccupped the whole way home, and felt completely miserable for about two hours. Longest two hours of my life. I'm glad it's behind me now.
    Many people say they don't remember anything from soon after getting wisdom teeth removed. But I remember it.

18. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    2.5 of mine have grown in. I hope I don't need to get any removed :slight_smile:

19. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I removed my only wisdom tooth three months ago because it was ingrown and the gums around had gotten infected.

It took one local anesthesia, some cutting around the gums and additional 15 minutes to remove the tooth and put the stitches. I was fully conscious during the whole endeavor. I came back home and took a day off; the next day I was back at work.

Maybe because it was only one, but I didn't experience any pain during the procedure. For two or three days afterwards my left side was a bit sore and I couldn't eat hard food, but that was it. I didn't have to take any pain meds or NSAID, because there was no pain at all. The place where I had the surgery wasn't even that swollen, I could open my mouth wide and I had like six stitches around the place where the tooth had been.

#19 pinkpanther, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  20. state-champs

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    lmao same here. if i do end up having them i hope they come in before i'm 26 because my parents still have me on their medical insurance xD it's practically free for me until then :O