1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fellow doctors on EC?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Fighter694, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Fighter694

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey :slight_smile: I'm a medical student and I was wondering whether there are fellow Doctors or budding doctors on EC?
    How is your experience being a gay doctor? Specially if you are out and open ? Do you feel your colleagues are more understanding because they know the science behind all this? Or does the medical background not matter much? Have any of you felt discrimination from the side of patients or doctors ? Like being denied an opportunity to examine them and stuff like that? How do you guys manage work and life? Are you allowed paternity leave in your country?

2. guitar

I've seen quite a few med students on dating sites so you're not alone in that regard.

3. Fighter694

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well yes me too, but all of them deep in the closet. Except a psychologist who is pretty open about his sexuality in a country where "unnatural" sex is illegal. I think it's because of the medical background that he is able to be truthful about himself.Also It's a little complicated for gay doctors here career wise if we plan to move out to other countries for a better life (in terms of rights) . so was just wondering how it is at other places.