1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm back

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ECMember, Feb 13, 2016.

1. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey guys,

I'm back.

I've been dealing with some personal stuff the past few weeks. Since I've considered this a safe place I can disclose stuff and without judgement.

Basically, my anti-anxiety med I was taking(hydroxzine aka atatrax) stopped working and I was edgy/reved up like a MFR. I had bad panic/anxiety attacks from late January to early February. My blood pressure/pulse kept jumping up and down.

I went to the hospital twice(2/1 and 2/2) and just basically told I had tachycardia(fast heart rate) with anxiety. Just given a Xanax at one time. So yeah I was "treated" :dry: I still dealt with this shit until I talked to my alcohol/drug counselor I see on campus 2/5 that I was feeling fucked up. He had told me I just needed to go to a "hospital"(psychiatric) one.

So he and I went to one at first, but I wasn't admitted because I didn't meet the criteria. I wasn't suicidal or homicidal or really that messed up. I went to another one and explained my situation and was admitted. Just had to wait a while to get processed. My BP/pulse did spike in between points during the first few days.

They had made on the wrong damn meds at one point. They were giving me Atarax and I was sure I told them that Atarax did not work for me. So I was reved up and on the edge untll I saw a nurse practioner on Tuesday morning. She noticed my meds were swiped from Ativan(Saturday) to Atarax when I was switched units.

The Psychiatric nurse gave me the right med(a benzo-Klonopin). And from there, I felt a bit of relief from all this shit. My blood pressure had lowered down the last few times since i took the Klonopin. The last 2 times the tech nurses checked my vitals the nurses noted the lower blood pressure so at least that's good.

They did advise me to get checked out for hypertension though since I do have HTN in my family health history.

All that shit was bothering me. At least I'm recovering okay at my parents' house.

If I could've had access to a computer at the psych hospital, I would've been updating you guys day to day.

I had met some "interesting characters" there in my unit: a former pro bowler who's struggles with mental health issues and had drug problems, some ex-cons, etc. Most of the guys were semi-shady but for the most part they showed respect to me. I mean, I didn't show weakness and tried to "be a man" not show weakness(act like a bitch).

I thought I would see those guys again in the future, but some of the guys were amicable to me though.

2. Helion Solaris

:smilewaveHiya :slight_smile: and welcome back. That must have been tough, but it's awesome you made it through.