1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any film makers out there

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Justinian20, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Justinian20

Hi I just had my first day at film school and it was so great. Absolutely enjoyable too. That's how I know the film industry is for me.

Also does EC have any film makers, cause the film industry people are more my community than the LGBT community and the reason is I have more in common with film makers than just having a sexual orientation in common (which is the case with the G community).

#1 Justinian20, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  2. Justinian20

Sorry if I sound a bit brash.

3. guitar

I'm a filmmaker... of sorts. I took a film program. Shot on film - black and white and color (god is it expensive!). Studied sound. Tried animation. I enjoy putting together videos. HD was just becoming a thing when I was going through school so it was an interesting transition from "video" to something more cinematic in quality.

Regarding LGBT not really being your tribe. I went to pride and found I fit in considerably. A lot of gay culture still isn't quite "my thing." I realized when I went to NAMM this year (massive music convention), that truly was "my tribe." I don't think I've ever felt I fit in anywhere better. Your orientation doesn't completely define you. Just because you like boys doesn't mean there's nothing else interesting about you or that you can't have other interests and things you like.

4. DougTheBicycle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not exactly a cinematographer, but I'm really into screenwriting. As a result, I've had to learn a lot about filming methods and tricks.

I also have a friend who graduated film school just last year, and we're planning on collaborating on a couple things.

5. Justinian20

Well Guitar, I feel like the film community is perfect for me, but Guitar I didn't mean to say that I didn't have other interests and hobbies.

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The closest I've ever gotten to film is doing the camera work for a CG video-- and my work got mostly redone because it sucked. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It was in trying to learn to animate with 3ds Max-- no cinematography instruction whatsoever coupled with very limited ability to even do what I intended. Still I thought I got a few good shots in. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Had the video posted here but had to take it down because my name was in the credits. Oh well. I am still mildly interested in the art.

#6 Argentwing, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  7. burg

my friend put my character and my crimes in his movie. www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg-c7UpJZLQ i might be going to the usa to be a zombie this year as long as he is the director.plus i tagged along with a different mate finding scene locations for the hobbit and this flopped bible movie Kingdom Come.
    i know a few people working for weta which hires a lot of Aussies during peck times. film industry people are classic .i want to tell some behind the scenes stories about the hobbit but its prob not the place .work is either full on or nothing for most people.but as a life style they have a lot of fun .

8. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm an aspiring filmmaker and am currently planning on coin something with a friend of mine.

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, doing* not coin. Damn autocorrect.

10. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Naw, many scripts, but I have zero connections with anyone doing this sort of stuff

Funny you opened the thread today, the script has been on my mind