1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should we focus more on orientation or what people actually want?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Vav, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Vav

Vav Guest

I've been having a lot of issues with the concept of orientation. I constantly wonder if I get a random tingle for a guy I will get lumped into the bisexual category. I have a lot of issues with it. I think I know what would solve this issue for everyone. If people were more defined by who they want to date or partner up with rather than who they're attracted to.
    That would mean I can focus on dating girls and not give a damn about whether I like guys or not. It would be nice to not have the burden of being expected to only date girls or be open to dating men as well. They're both equally horrible pressures. When I feel the pressure to date only women I get anxious whenever I find a guy cool or good looking. When I get pressured to explore things with all genders I feel angry and invalidated. Whenever I try things with both genders I always end up in ambiguous relationships with guys. I get the same issue with choosing a career. I either have pressure to stick to my path of people telling me there's a 90% chance I'll change my mind. I don't like being told that I don't know what I want.