1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the T

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Canterpiece, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So awhile back there was a big response to a petition that had been going around in favour of separating the "T" from "LGBT" and the responses were mixed. Many people were against the petition, and some even created a petition to keep/save the "T". It did surprise me at the time to see so many trans people being divided by this. I saw one commenter on a news article about the petition who was trans who claimed that they hated being associated with the rest of the community and did not feel welcome at all. And I saw that same news article again pop up today so it got me wonder how people feel about this. Human curiosity and all.

This thread is mainly aimed at those who identify as Trans or Trans*. What have your experiences been like with the LGBT community? Do you feel welcome/ that you fit in with the community? If you had a choice, would you rather have a separate community or do you think the community is better sticking together?

Of course there are individuals who fit into both the LGB QPA or any another sexuality that isn't straight and the T. So if say the community was split in two (one community based on Sex and gender, the other on sexual orientation) I guess they'd fit into both then.

The full acronym tends to be "LGBTQQIP2SAA". So if it were split in I guess it'd be

"LGBQQPA" Lesbian,Gay, Bisexual, Questioning, Queer, Pansexual and Asexual

"TI2S" Trans, Trans*, Inter-sex and two spirit

and "A" for allies.

#1 Canterpiece, Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016