1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay rights activist gets attacked

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AtheistWorld, Feb 20, 2016.

1. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I know this is from 2012, but the fact that it happened in California, the state that's supposed to be the most tolerant is alarming, even if it did happen in front of a Chick-Fil-A.

While I'm sure the human rights activist could've easily taken down the 5'3" midget who attacked him, it wouldn't have been smart to do so for two reasons: the crowd was hostile and cheering for the homophobe, and it'd be a mistake to hit someone with the cameras on. Amazingly, despite the fierce attack, the assaulter didn't get arrested, and got off with a warning, despite it being on camera and witnesses corroborating it.

Trigger warning: obscene homophobic language starts at the time of the attack. It's at 14:20 and lasts about 3 minutes till the cop arrives and the bigot is on his best behavior so that he won't get put in jail where he belongs.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBgs-Ug8A6s[/YOUTUBE]

It gets worse later on when some other homophobe spits on the gay man, and nobody even defends him.

#1 AtheistWorld, Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  2. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess my anger would get kinda bad and I'm ashamed to say this but I must admit I'd have fun kinda head butting that old guy in the face... he has nice arms though lolz. It sucks that that type of thing happend but atleast it's over, ya know?

3. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh, you misunderstood. The older man is the gay rights activist who was attacked. At about 14:20, a young short guy attacks him for protesting Chick-Fil-A's homophobic stance.

The old man handled himself imo, meanwhile the homophobes eating at the restaurant were making immature insults.

4. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh my bad.

---------- Post added 20th Feb 2016 at 05:41 PM ----------

My had I got confused. He was dancing next o the signs that said God created a man and a woman so I thought he was against gay love.

5. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Gay bashing can happen ANYWHERE! I hate to say it but I don't think I could ever be an activist.