1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horror Story Ideas

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Young Blood, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since there seem to be quite a few writers here, and I'm assuming avid readers, I've been playing around with the idea of writing again, so I thought I would throw this out there.

I quite like the horror genre. Stephen King and Edgar Allan Poe being an example of the type of writing style I like within this genre. Although, Stephen King recently has been a hit and miss with me as I've noticed he's quite graphic and gory. I'm thinking of trying to stray away from the goriness that seems to be quite prevalent in the horror genre recently and write about things that really scare people. The type of stories that leave you freaked out by the end, instead of grossed out. For example, a universal (and possibly biggest) human fear is being buried alive. A story like that, rather than a guy with a chain saw, intrigues me so much more and thought it might other people too.

So you're probably wondering now what I'm trying to get at here. Well, I decided to ask you guys what sort of things really scare you. I'm thinking I can get an idea of things that scare quite a few people and I can maybe write something based on that.

To the writers and readers out there, any tips and suggestions that you would like to leave would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance to those that read this and reply :slight_smile:

2. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been working on a story for a manga for a long time. Since last year and I started out writing before making story boards.
    You could make a story about anything really. It's a creative thing though to help with writers block. Look around your room or at a couple of colors or maybe objects and think what if this was mutated or the color blue was something a classmate that the main character in my story knew who became a serial killer due to a nervous breakdown because her homeroom teacher was a pedo and was touching her excessively even in class .
    See :-D stories come sometimes out of thin air. I just made that one up while typing. XD good luck (!)(!)(!)

---------- Post added 20th Feb 2016 at 05:21 PM ----------

What really scares me is probably the thought of the purge or a giant mutated spider who's really fast and has a human head with long whispy hair and it has eight eyes but the spider has heterochromia.. which make it even scarier. ... maybe a really sweet voice so the contrast adds on to the scariness.

#2 wannahavechange, Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016