1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about religions I had

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Akira12, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So parents are Christian and my moms best friend is going to Judaism and from what she's been telling me about it it sounds really interesting and less irritating about it idk. Anyone who is in this religion mind informing me more about it? Idk what religion I'm in other then I beloved there's a God and to do my best to be kind and polite and nice to everyone and yea. Trying to find stuff on the internet but yea it's the Internet lol. Hope I'm not upsetting ppl about asking this or putting it on chit chat. Few questions of mine is isn't it the same as Muslims or no? Is it the same aspect of Christianity like God and such or what? Also is it wrong to believe there's a God and such but live your life respectfully and kind to all and accepting but not part of a religion specifically or what? This confuses me so so very much and having a mom for a Christian a grandma for a witness and being fed this stuff for 19 years it messes with you or me anyhow and the whole fire and brimstone you'll burn in for eternity if you don't follow the ways and so on. I just wanna live my life the way I chose but be respectful to everyone accepting loving and peaceful. Granted I'm a pacifist by heart and rarely act out unless really pushed lol. Kinda having a emotional right atm with what I want and how I was raised if that makes any sense?

#1 Akira12, Feb 21, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey! Well I'm not Jewish but I know many people who are or who converted and they all seem to like there religion.

3. BriSoft

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are several 'intensities' to Judaism for lack of a better term. Being Orthodox is much more than a religion. It is a lifestyle since it involves many rules that involve everyday behavior.

The other end of the spectrum is not terribly different from being Christian. You go to temple for service. Observe important holidays, and behave in a pious manner. Main thing is the idea of God at the center instead of Jesus (and saints etc.).

Just my 2c