1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your motivation level for school

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lovetoomuch, Feb 21, 2016.

?

What is your motivation level for school? (1 - Lowest, 10 - Highest)

1. 1

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  2. 2

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  3. 3

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. 4

6 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. 5

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  6. 6

7 vote(s)
    15.6%
  7. 7

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  8. 8

6 vote(s)
    13.3%
  9. 9

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  10. 10

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. lovetoomuch

I don't know if I'm alone in this, but it is that point of the semester (or school year for some) when my motivation level is non-existent.

I am someone who takes my academics very seriously (probably too seriously), but I find myself caring less and less. Maybe it's because I'm almost done with my academic career? Maybe it's because I spent so much time obsessing over school that I am tired of it? Who really knows.

Anyways, what is your motivation level at this point?
    Hopefully you have more motivation than me... or maybe you can make me feel better by saying you agree with me. Let me know how you feel about school at this point.

I'm going to go with "4" because I'm still doing my work, but it is involving a lot of procrastination and not caring.

2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I put 6.
    I do still feel motivation and really, really want to succeed. However, my depression likes to suck out any motivation and desire when I get into those cycles, making focusing and doing the work nearly impossible. So I want to do well, it's just hard sometimes.

3. TheSideKick

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lost some energy from the last semester, but after a break I'm still tired yet ready to go!

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Seems there's a lot of talk about school today huh? Anyways for me it just depends on the day.

5. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    9 or 10.
    I don't care much about school, the curriculum is pretty obselete. But yeah I'm very motivated, I need to succeed in life and school is one way through it.

6. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    2. School is breaking me. I do the very smallest amount of work possible and doodle for most of class.

7. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I put 2.

I'm still going to every class and doing my assignments on time, but I can't see the point of it anymore.

If I could get my bachelor tomorrow and just be done with school forever, I would. I see all those courses I have to do until I can finally become a translator, and I'm already tired of it.

I'm the kind of person who likes to be ahead regarding homework and stuff like that. However, it has become torture to do so. I look at all those projects and I feel like a headless chicken. I don't know what to do.

Anyway, it's not about this time of the year. Winter is actually my favorite. I've just started my semester, so there's barely been anything to hand in yet. I just want to be over it all.

8. Andres198

Andres198 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I said 3. Out of my four periods, only one is a class that is necessary to graduate and the teacher knows that by the spring semester, we absolutely don't care so he just gives us a bunch a work for formative grades which add up. I could literally fail all of my test, which I won't because I want to be exempt from the final, and still pass with a low B/ high C. In one period, I am a teacher's aide so I don't really do anything. The other two are electives classes that are year long that have aggravated me since the year started so I stopped caring.

9. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Like -5. lol jk. I'm always somewhat unmotivated but I'm reaching a point where I'm just too tired & overwhelmed with everything. It's not that I don't care, but the motivation isn't really there. Anyway I'd say 2 or 3.

10. DougTheBicycle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Technically for me it's college, but that's still school.

I fucked around for too long. I dropped out of college once, went to tech school for something I ended up hating, and now I'm working third shift security and making a pittance. I know what I want. I've known what I wanted to do my entire life. And now I'm gonna go get it. And nothing is going to stop me.

11. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sort of motivated to get good grades so that I take Dutch as my minor. But once that's done I won't really care about grades anymore, just passing.

12. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd say 8? It's pretty high, but then again I wouldn't say it's always motivation as much as I just like to get what I need to get done, done. Even when I don't quite enjoy all of it, I know I want a solid education for the future so I just try and more or less be responsible, and then spend the rest of my time doing other things I enjoy.

13. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm meant to be a pretty high achiever and with it being my last year of school before uni I should be knuckling down for exams but currently my motivation is at a 2. Its scary tbh not really caring when I've worked so hard to succeed. Last year, about 3 months before exams I got some random burst of motivation and managed to pull out top grades so I'm hoping that will happen again, at the moment its not looking good.

14. YinYang

I put 3. I'm basically doing everything at the last minute and praying I don't fail, to be honest. I should be trying harder, but I'm just not motivated anymore.

15. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    9. Other than stupid stuff like PE, I try really hard in lessons because I legitimately want to do well. Thinking about Oxford University gives me all the motivation I need.

16. Ryu

Ryu

Today-1 (first day back, maths, pe and english.... I hate excersise, I have an awful maths teacher and my english teacher hasn't been here once this year, so I've had random supplies.)
    On average-5
    Good days-8

17. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I hate going to school. Its boring and I need to get up early almost every day. I just wanna finish this year and pass my exams and enjoy my long amd hard earned vacation

18. peachygogh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hate school, and don't have any motivation to be social with people, but I am overly determined to finish work and get good grades, but I do well in school, so I don't study that much if I don't need to.

19. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Today I have no motivation and can barely get anything done!

20. Ashley2103

10. It may be hard and frustrating for me, but I realize that school is very important and that alone keeps me very motivated. Unfortunately I went to a very bad high school and stopped caring when I got depressed. That experience has made starting college a very hard and frustrating experience. I know college will get less hard and frustrating as long as I keep dedicated.