1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drawing pictures of women?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Closet Shut, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Closet Shut

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My title is kinda funny but there's more to it as I type, um growing up I would draw as a hobby, & most of the time I always found myself drawn to the female shape, I would draw women more then men, some people thought it was odd growing up. Could this have meant something? I've always wondered if there was a connection between that & my orientation, I'm not attracted to women, but I always liked how they looked in dresses or certain hair & styling & I even liked drawing their breasts. Sorry if my post seems bizarre.

2. Rainbows~Exist

There's nothing bizarre about it! I'm an artist myself and honestly I much prefer drawing women than men; the curvature of their bodies, their long flowing hair, their delicate facial features, all beautiful and fun to draw!

3. state-champs

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Same here. I like how the female body can be drawn in different positions and idk it feels more natural to draw someone of the same sex. Also...how do I put this? I guess the female body has a nice shape to it. Not only that but the curves or lack thereof are easy to draw.

I agree with everything that @Rainbows~Exist said in their original comment :thumbsup:

#3 state-champs, Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  4. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I'm drawing, I can only draw females~ XD Got into so much trouble.

We used to have to draw hands as homework, where we copy from this sheet of people. Since we were given male and female separately, female second, I didn't realize that I drew all the male hands as female! Slender and long nails! My art teacher gave me that look for a while XD

Only been drawing females, both body and face. Just can't do males, for some reason. So no worries- every one has different drawing preferences. I just prefer the slender bodies and different clothing options for females. :3

5. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm the opposite I was so into drawing guys, and I find it pretty hard to draw women. I'm trying to learn now though, because I find myself wishing I could draw the curved female shapes I'm secretly admiring haha.

I find that with men, you can used harsher lines or softer lines and they'll still look pretty handsome, but with women, if you use a few lines that are too harsh they start looking a bit too manly instantly. And with womens faces it's like a constant battle to make them look soft but not chubbier than you intended.

And yeah, sometimes I wonder about what this means. Like, I used to love drawing handsome, muscular, brooding guys and I used to observe the form of guys around me for this look that I loved to draw, and loved my creations, but when I'm not thinking through this artists eye I don't really care as much about these things? Odd. I also have a penchant for mens fashion, similar to what you're saying, Closet Shut. I think most of my motivation for drawing so many guys was that I was interested in comics and stuff and invisioned these guys as heros. Not superheros really but like, the protagonist.

Yeah, its not a stupid question, I think about it a lot, as you can probably tell.

6. truebraethic

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well, I'm a lesbian, and I always drew women when I was a kid. For obvious reasons different from yours.

7. BisexualBanana

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I love to draw cartoons and I am learning to draw manga-styled characters (unfairly earning me the nickname 'Weeabo' - also because I like anime) but I have stopped drawing women entirely. This is because women have breasts and drawing their whole figure makes me a 'pervert' according to my friends. It's also the same reason I stopped drawing superheroes as they always wear tight spandex which seems to be especially tight in the wrong areas. I still draw - but my drawings are restricted or I'm a pervert or something! I did like to draw the female figure though because it is shaped better - males are kinda flat which is boring sometimes!

8. Jellal

When I did more detailed drawings of people I always preferred drawing women over men. However if I was just doing a facial portrait of a character it was a 50/50, not one over another.

9. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was a young teenager I could draw quite well. Guys kept asking me to draw pictures of naked women for them. At the time I couldn't figure out why. - I think I've figured it out just recently! :eusa_doh:

10. DemiLiHue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's completely normal. The difference between the both bodies makes so,e people more capable of. I know plenty of people that draw just guys/girls! Trust me