1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first date with a girl - any advice?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MayaBee, Feb 27, 2016.

1. MayaBee

Hey, so today I'm going on my first date ever, and it's with a girl (we met online). Well, I kinda went on a few dates with this one guy, he called it dates to his friends even thought I told him I don't want to date him, we're just friends.
    Now with this girl, I am going to meet her but we haven't made any plans yet. So I don't want it to be awkward since we don't go get dinner or something like that, all we can do is talk.

So, does anyone have any good conversation starters/things you can talk about on a first date?

2. rudysteiner

Cliché, but don't go to the movies. Or at the very least, go for something to eat afterwards so you have something to talk about.

Just talk about what comes naturally to you. Ask what she's interested in; what motivates her; what she's passionate about; what you're passionate about. My first date with a guy, who was a dancer, he was talking to me about dance (which I'm not interested in, in the least) and I could see the love in his eyes when he was talking about it. It was quite hot. :lol:

3. scapaviella

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Be yourself! And rudysteiner is right, see what comes to you as you're talking. Seem interested in what she's saying (seems obvious, but there's nothing worse than being on a date with someone who keeps checking their phone while you're talking!) and nod along and smile. Probably the most important thing is not to overthink it and freak yourself out... enjoy it! :slight_smile:

4. state-champs

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If you haven't gotten to know the person yet then don't go to the movies or someplace you can't talk. Like @rudysteiner said if you do happen to do that just hang out after that and talk to them. Just test the waters a bit and see if you have any common interests or whatever.