1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Anybody Teach Me How To Be A Boy?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GayPugs, Feb 27, 2016.

1. GayPugs

Sometimes I'm a boy, sometimes I'm a girl. I know this is kinda hard but is there anyone who can teach me how to be a boy? All my clothing is tight and I have big breasts so that's...hard. But I have short enough hair to be a boy...sort of. So, my appearance doesn't matter tons. But, I still don't feel like I'm manly enough...can anybody teach me how to be a boy?

2. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Boys just are. Men, however, are made...

3. Plattyrex

You don't really need to manly to be a boy. I'm a boy and I'm more feminine than most of th girls I know.

4. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Feeling like a boy is just that: feeling like a boy.

How you can feel more like a boy, though, is different for everyone. Some might like shorter hair, simple clothes, work outs etc. while some others want nothing to do with that.

I would tell you that you should start experimenting with clothing and the like and see what suits you :slight_smile:

5. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd agree with the above poster, try and experiment with more masculine clothing, looser tops and darker colours etc. You could also try binding your chest if that's a stress for you when you're feeling more mascline? If you can't afford a binder at the moment then layering your clothes can help a lot with concealing a big chest. Wearing a tight top underneath to compres as much as possible and then a t-shirt, jumper, shirt, etc. on top gives you a straighter body shape and hides bumps.

You might also find it helpful to keep check of body language etc. Don't cross your legs over each other when you're sitting down but put your feet far apart from each other and take up more space, walk slower and copy the movements of other men around you, stand up straighter and broaden your shoulders. It's just picking up on the smaller things that men do that portrays their masculinity and trying to mimic them. It might take time but once you do it often enough it'll just become habit.

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being a boy doesn't look one way. If you say you're a boy or identify as one, then you're a boy. That's it. You don't need to be hyper-masculine to be one. Be true to yourself and don't conform to social norms if they don't make you comfortable. There are boys who are feminine or androgynous after all! :slight_smile:

7. GayPugs

Not to be stereotypical but I'm a lesbian. I already do all this stuff. I'm not a girly girl and never have been. I should, however, take the nail polish off my nails...hey, does anybody know how to make your voice deeper? Mine is too girly... ;-;

8. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Try to speak with your diaphragm. It will sound deeper. Also, you can train your voice to stretch the vocal chords a bit. Repeat ''gong, bong, pong'' etc. and try going lower every time. Just be cautious to not strain your voice. If it starts to hurt, stop.

I jumped right into T instead of training, so I don't know how much it can help, but that's what other trans guys have been suggesting.

9. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It kind of contradicts that you identify as lesbian but also genderfluid but fair enough. There are many YouTube videos of pre-T guys who have managed to deepen their videos. These and some good ones.

10. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I would just be myself.

11. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmm, there really isn't one way. It's something that comes with socialization. A group of jocks is going to operate differently than a group of nerds. If we want to get philosophical, "a man is a provider, is true to himself, and doesn't make excuses". It buys into binary bs, so I don't subscribe to that line of thinking, but it's what people will respect and admire.

12. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Best answer so far, even better than mine.

13. Ninetales

Out Status:
    Some people
    Here is the advice I would give similar to the others "you do you" I was male at birth as I through hs and even into college. I thought to be a man I needed to be a certain way. I would base my value as a man in how big I could grow my beard, but around age 20 (the same time I started to quest my orientation) I realized it was silly and trying to live up to somebody's idea of what I as a man should be like was exhausting. I'll say it again "you do you" you will then be the man you want to be not the man you think others want you to be.

14. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being a guy isn't defined by the clothes you wear or the way you act. It's about how you feel in your soul, how you feel deep down.

15. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [​IMG]

16. AlamoCity

It's a very difficult question. On the one hand, some people will say that it's only that you identify as a guy that gives you that identity. That said, I'm willing to bet that some (many) of the same folks will consciously or unconsciously put weight on factors that are associated with maleness, be it by biology or society, or both. To some, it would seem that it is diametrically opposite to claim that you can both "be who you are, as you are" and maintain your identity, and at the same time want to change your identity to fit into what you feel is your actual identity.

The problem is that reducing maleness and femaleness to an inner identity that is up for grabs for anyone to define as their own and less based on some social or biological construct is that you are chipping away at the very nest you want to belong to. Let me explain: if you want to identify more as a male and claim that you feel like a male and therefore it doesn't matter how you act or what you do or how your brain thinks, then what is preventing you from maintaining an identity as female an attributing any traits society or biology might perceive as "male" as part of your "female identity?"

Ultimately, one has to realize that this question should really be: are you trying to determine maleness based on self-identification or based on society accepting you as a male. If you think self-identification is all it takes to be a male and you are content, then just say to yourself you are a male and that's it. But, if you are really asking how to be accepted by society as a male, understand that the answer is not the same. Society doesn't care what you think; it has it's own set of written and unwritten rules and codes governed by your culture that determine how people and society award you the "badge" of being considered a man. And, even that "badge" could be "rescinded" or never awarded in some cultures if it were to be discovered that you were born female but identify as a man.

I guess it boils down to the following: are you OK identifying as a man without having society identify you as such?

17. LizSibling13

LizSibling13 Guest

How to be a boy? Just look at your brothers...look at friends who are boys...look at parenting books about raising boys...