1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, that was kind of a bummer.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MayaBee, Feb 27, 2016.

1. MayaBee

Today I went on my first ever date with a girl. Let's just say it was... Meh. I didnt hate her nor did I like her. Her humor was very different from mine, her interests were not similar to mine, she acted like she would totally know me, because she used to hear metal too when she was 15 (she is 17), when I stopped talking she immediatly nearly shouted "why are you so quiet?!", she eetold me about her teacher who is definetly gay because of the way she walks and dresses (which I totally disagree becaus I think your sexuality does not express the way you dree or walk), so in general, we had nothing in common.

Of course I tried to not put any expectations up for this date, but I was still kinda disappointed, because while texting we had the same opinions, same humor. But she was so different in person.

Here comes the tricky part: since we were so differnet in person, I am so not attracted to her in every way, that I am asking myself again 'do I really wanna date girls?' I am not saying I am completly straight, but straighter than expected maybe. I still find girls more attractive than guys, but when I think about it, there are so many nice guys I know compared to girls that I am attracted to because of their personality.

Am I being stupid here/overreacting?

2. the haunted

Aw I'm sorry to hear about your date. :frowning2:

I went through a similar feeling after my first sexual experience with a girl. I was extremely anxious and it was not enjoyable. I didn't get off and I just felt really weird after the whole thing. I didn't like having sex with guys, so the whole situation was confusing and frustrating. Now I have tons of amazing sex with my girlfriend.

But don't give up hope. You just haven't met a good girl yet, but trust me, they're out there.

3. PrivateUser

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Neither stupid nor overreacting. You went on a date, it didn't work out, happens to us all. Character, personality, body language, compatibility, are all important factors in a relationship or a date. If it doesn't go, if the spark isn't there, there is little you can do about it but write it up to experience and move on.

4. kataracts

How much you are attracted to someone depends on a lot of factors. Someone who matches you and compliments you is out there. You might meet a few bad eggs first though, but it will be worth it.