1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Job interview

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ninetales, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Ninetales

Out Status:
    Some people
    On Monday I have my first job interview for a teaching position. I was hoping you all might be able to offer some advice. Any and all advice is welcome and appreciated. Even if it isn't teaching related. Thank you in advance.

-Sincerely,
    Ninetales:help:

#1 Ninetales, Feb 27, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dress for confidence. Wear something nice and professional, but make sure you feel comfortable in it too. Look up common interview questions. The goal isn't to memorize your answers but just to be prepared. Remember that interviews go both ways. They're looking to see if you're a good fit for the school, but you also want to be sure that the school is a good fit for you. Good luck! :slight_smile:

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You know it took me a month to find a job?

4. AlamoCity

Good luck!

I will say that looking at your gender does present some issues. I would suggest dressing conservatively for the gender you wish to present yourself as and be seen professionally. If male, a suit or slacks and sport coat and a white or light blue dress shirt and a nice tie (no Tabasco sauce tie :lol:slight_smile:. If female, a nice skirt or slacks and silk blouse and tasteful accessories.