1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbians, where are you at?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Loveislife, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Loveislife

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was discussing this yesterday with a friend of mine. I've been active in the gay scene for about 6 months now but it seems like the gay scene is predominantly a big party for gay guys. In the gay clubs/bars/at gay parties where I've been to, women are almost always outnumbered by men by far. Furthermore, when I spot women out there, I always wonder how many of them are actually attracted to women since some of them are just heterosexual women who are out there with their gay male friends. It also seems to me that there are way more gay themed events that target a bi/gay male audience in the gay scene. It almost feels like bisexual girls/lesbians aren't that interested in or as active in the gay party/hook up scene and therefore are being made to feel almost invisible. Gay guys also have the free and handy app ******, and as far as I know, there is no lesbian dating app that comes close to it. Although I myself would like it when there would be one, because I definitely think that that would make it easier for lesbian women to meet up. Especially because it already seems quite difficult to me to meet lesbians in the gay scene! Does anyone know why it might be that the gay scene seems to be dominated by guys?

---------- Post added 28th Feb 2016 at 03:57 PM ----------

Lol. For some reason, EC censors the word G r i n d r in my previous post. XD

2. aeva

Livelove- you are not allowed to name hook-up apps on this site, which is why it was censored.

I do agree with the rest of the post though, there doesn't seem to be quite the same community or resources for lesbians.

3. PrivateUser

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Probably for commercial reasons: the perception being that gay men are likely to work and earn more and are a better commercial bet than lesbian women.

4. Loveislife

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't think that's it. The places and parties that I frequent are mostly filled with students who don't have a job yet. Furthermore, most places I visit are appealing to both men and women in my opinion (if you overlook the lack of women), yet they often lack the presence of women.

5. lovingme4me

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I haven't had success meeting other lesbians in my area. Still have hope though!