1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you find most interesting?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by alonsy alonso, Feb 28, 2016.

1. alonsy alonso

So i just wanted to know what other people thought. What do you find most fascinating/interesting about life? It could be a certain person or certain subject or anything but what?

I find art and photography most interesting because the way you see something can help define who you are and help you understand. Plus it takes tremendous skill which is just fascinating to day dream about having.:icon_bigg

2. PrivateUser

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Art, yes, to a certain extent. I collect old photographs - and cameras - which give a fascinating insight into life a hundred years ago. I read older literature which gives an insight into live one or even two thousand years ago. Both bring the past to life in their own way and show how we got to where we are today, and the people who, perhaps just in a small way, shaped our society.

3. alonsy alonso

That sounds exquisite and fascinating. I always loved the idea of that. What is your favourite older literature?

4. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I find life the most interesting thing about life :grin: Evolution, basic biochemistry, botany, zoology, and how it all seems to interconnect. It's crazy to think about how little we know.

Edit: when your tablet autocorrect botany to boring :lol:

#4 HM03, Feb 28, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  5. Smash4Life

Smash4Life Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    Physics, more specifically, quantum physics. The more you learn, the more questions arise. Each answered question changes the way you see the world and question what you thought you knew. It's so fascinating.

6. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Did you know in the USA there are more plastic flamingo's than real ones.

7. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yugioh. I love coming up with my own decks and then using them to destroy my opponent's teams.

I love collecting the cards too, and I bought all the original decks. I got the Yugi one, Kaiba, Pegasus, and finally I got the Joey starter deck. I love going to the flea market and buying them there because they can have killer discount, although you have to be wary of the fakes too. I've been into Yugioh since it began airing in 2002, and it's a hobby I won't outgrow ever. I love the anime too, and I can't forget the intense duel Yugi had versus Pegasus, or how pure Yugi is in contrast to Adam, who's a good guy, but also very bent on enforcing justice. I just love how much presence Adam (or Pharaoh) adds, making Yugi taller even though he's not.

#7 AtheistWorld, Feb 28, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  8. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can find almost anything interesting. Though I think of myself as primarily concerned with philosophy, history, and religion (which are my favorite subjects after all), the other day I found myself online reading article after article on biological taxonomy, viruses, bacteria, prehistoric animals, etc. The world is too fascinating to ever be bored, in my opinion.

9. superwholock007

Out Status:
    A few people
    I find how mysterious life is interesting. They are so many secrets that we just may never know. Does a god like figure really exist? What is the meaning of life? How do you know you lived a good life? Why do humans exist? Are aliens real? How do we know what we're seeing is reality and not some sort of dream? These questions may never be answered but it's just so interesting to think about.

10. C0smic

Out Status:
    A few people
    I find the fact that there are an infinite amount of Universes where anything you can conceive exists somewhere. Any scenario can happen at any time. Thats my deep thought file right there. Deep....

11. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was going to say space, but more interesting still is computers. We haven't yet hit the limit of what they can do, and they may yet fundamentally change what it means to be alive.

12. rina

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    live is the most interesting thing in the world i think its true. but personally most of all i m fond of literature studying languages and bollywood(hindi and punjabi)music.I like Bollywood and India and hindu culture is dearer for me then my own.

13. Pumpion

I find the development of different languages fascinating, how two countries developing next to each other could develop completely different languages, and yet they can learn to understand each other's language.
    Also how one person can find someone's features attractive while another person thinks they are uglier than a rat's butt, and personal preference and stuff. Idk, I'm a weirdo at my school XD

14. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not a lot, that's the problem. I am indifferent to most things in life, which is why it feels weird for me when I'm actually excited for something. I'm still trying to find some vaguely interesting in this world, which is why I hate "describe yourself" questions in interviews.

I guess cats, dogs, computers, genetics and some history is what gets my attention the most in general. I used to think I hated history, simply because when we did it at school we'd always do about depressing and/or boring stuff. But I'll admit there are some parts of history I find interesting. Particularly on how certain words came to be.

People who are good (and some cases even like it) at maths interest me, because as someone who has trouble understanding the basic concepts I am both slightly envious and intrigued by them. It's weird because I've always been good at the type of maths they tend to label as "more tricky" (mainly questions that revolve around logic than plain arithmetic) but have always failed hard at stuff like simple division and arithmetic in general. Which is why it usually confused my maths teachers because they think they've landed themselves a prodigy (ok, a lot of exaggeration there I'll admit I think they thought that they'd landed themselves a decent student would be more accurate) and then they see me fail at basic maths and they have their dreams ultimately crushed. :grin:

I'm also interested by people who know a ton of addresses and phone numbers off by heart. What secrets do you know?!?! :lol: Despite scoring way above average on tests on remembering numbers, I cannot remember a telephone number for the life of me. :grin:

Er, sorry if this went off track a little here. :icon_redf

#14 Canterpiece, Feb 29, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  15. MrSkittles

Shakespeare's tragedy's. His language interests me. Also history especially world history. Chemistry and Biology.

16. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Boys, music, the stars, Night, darkness.

17. PrivateUser

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I can't answer that question :dry: simply because there is so much and I am constantly exploring and finding new works which are referred to in other works and so on. Really old literature would be along the lines of Homer's writings, older would be Charles Dickens, Jane Austin and the social writers of the day...

18. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In the U.S. their are 40,000 toilet rested injuries every year.

19. Justinian20

I find humans to be interesting because on one end of the spectrum, you have creative humans who are smart and great storytellers and on the other end you have dumb and narrow minded humans.

20. Theo Weiss

Religion's influence on cultural and technological development.