1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you tell your crush you like them?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ameryllis, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was thinking about telling her somehow, but I'm not sure how to go about doing it with out it being awkward. >.<

How did you confess your feelings to your crush?
    (On a second note, how do you deal with rejection?)

2. davidfreckelton

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    To be honest, I don't.

3. BassoonForLife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hun. It will always be awkward. But if you have the courage to speak here, then you have courage enough to do this to. Sometimes we get lucky and the universe (and hormones) just do it for us, and then other times, its a little more difficult than that. I think you should tell her.

4. Seahawksfan

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just text her and ask her to have lunch together While your there discuss some normal things and then tell plain out we've been friends for so long and I got feelings for you that goes beyond Friendship I want to be with you Cuz of your personality your the best girl I've ever been around would you be my girlfriend? She may be shocked at first and she may need some time to cope with the fact you asked her out also remind her if she rejects you Make it clear that you don't want that to hurt your friendship! I hope everything works out for you :slight_smile:

5. confusedbubble

Are you out to her firstly? Is she out if not I would advise coming out to her first and if that goes well then you could tell her you like her and see her as more than a friend but a girlfriend.
    If your not out come out she may need time to adjust to the fact that your gay, then tell her at a later time.
    Rejection is a hard one when you tell her you could add that you don't want to ruin your friendship and have been nervous about telling her about this because you don't want to loose her. If she rejects you all I can advise is that you distance yourself from her to get over her sometimes rejection can help you get over a crush and move on

6. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ahhh I don't know, that seems so forward! >.< I don't want to ask her out or anything, I just want to tell her I like her, preferably without making a big deal out of it.

I'm sure she will be shocked either way though, mainly due to my tendency to calmly ignore the people who I crush on, making it seem like crushing on them is the last thing I'm doing.

---------- Post added 29th Feb 2016 at 02:12 PM ----------

She found out today from another friend that I'm not straight, and she seemed quite happily surprised. :3 (On a side note, I told someone that I'm actually gay today, as opposed to just 'not straight'! :grin:)

On the topic of rejection, that's the main reason I'm so scared to tell her. I'm so scared that she won't like me back, or will just find it awkward being around me after I tell her.

Also, I know that if I tell her, others will find out and make it more awkward. :tears:

#6 Ameryllis, Feb 29, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  7. coyote302

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My goodness! I just went through this last night with my crush. It'll probably never be easy. With that said- just go for it. You'll make yourself more nervous just thinking about it.

My experience worked out well...

8. Lupa

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If anyone manages to find an answer, please tell me :frowning2: I'm in the same situation, I don't know how to tell my crush I like him. Buuut, in my case, I'll probably never tell him because he's my best friend and I don't wanna loose him. Sometimes I thought I was getting some signals from him, but that's probably just wishful thinking. Aaaand, he's waaay out of my league, if I even have one

9. confusedbubble

If she's happily surprised then that's a bonus maybe you could tell her yourself though just so she hears it from you, go for it though what have you got to loose I know you don't want to loose a friend but if they can't handle rejecting you or your feelings for them then they aren't a true friend.
    Invite her out for a bite to eat and whilst talking you could tell her that you've been wanting to tell her something personal. Start off telling her you're lesbian and see how it goes from there if you get a good reaction you add that you like her or like someone and don't know if they like you back.

10. YinYang

I texted my crush. The thing is, my crush is also one of my closest friends, so we were really close and she noticed that something was up with me. I don't think it would be the same with you, unless your crush is also your close friend.

11. truebraethic

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Flirt!

Even the most awkward among us knows how to flirt! It's a natural instinct.

12. travel

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    tell them in person not over text because believe me thats a mistake

13. almightyrat

i dont.. i only tell them if i know they like me back.

14. heyguyswhatsup

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I remember confessing to a guy I was into that I was gay and liked him in the span of about five minutes (over Facebook, including reply times).

We are still friends, somehow.