1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The difference between simply forgeting something and keeping a secret.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dano218, Mar 4, 2016.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know that some people accuse others of being secretive when they simply forget to mention something and as a person who gets easily side tracked i can easily forget about something else in the mean time. Of course it is wrong to forget to tell someone depending on who it is if you have a serious disease or a serious issue but I am talking about little things like forgetting a package is coming in the mail or stuff like that. Some people take being open and honest more seriously and even forgetting to mention little things can irritate them. Just wondering what others opinions is on being forgetful versus keepling a secret. Cause some people taking it more as being secretive more than being forgetful and i sometimes have problems like that. It is like sometimes i think why would i keep this a secret and i now i need to get in the habit of writing things down for myself.

2. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me, being forgetful and keeping a secret, when looked at from a certain angle, are the same. For example, A tells B a secret, and B forgets. You can take it as being either forgetful, or secretive. The result it the same- the secret isn't spilled.

On the other hand, trival things such as 'someone's birthday- get them a present', isn't the same when it comes to forgetting and being secretive. The former means you totally forgot about it, the latter means you didn't. Unless, of course, you actually forgot but pretend to be secretive about it while rushing to get a present XD

In the end, for me, it depends on the angle from which you're looking. If the end result is the same- something not to be told, then it's the same. If the end result is different (the initial end result), then it's different.