1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I shouldn't talk to people

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Justinian20, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Justinian20

I always screw up when trying to talk to people, it's like the littlest things set them off, well screw them and screw the world, I'm making new friends with the people who don't give a damn cause they won't give a damn about who I am, they'll be perfect. I think I'm too powerful and creative for everyone. People in real life can't take it.

2. Distant Echo

The problem is with them, not with you.

3. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Although I understand that you said this in a well meaning way it's sometimes actually just not true and convincing someone that there is nothing wrong with them is counter-productive.

Now, I'm not saying that there is necessarily any problem with the OP but in some cases the problem might be that a person's perception of world is negative and as a result they fail in social interactions because they take everything too negatively.

Sure everyone is bound to meet ass holes who are the problem but if you feel like you encounter no other type of people then it's a time to stop and do some introspection.

Justinian20, would you care to be a little more elaborate what you mean?

4. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why get so down about people who can't be bothered about you? Instead of wasting your energy on them, find someone who you know will treasure you for who you are~ Ignore the haters, cuz they get you down for no reason.

5. Nikky DoUrden

What do u mean u always 'screw up talking to ppl' ? random ppl ? then it doesnt matter life is trial and error dont be sad about it !
    And if its about friends then real friends always get thru problems so no worries !! (*hug*)

6. BigBagOfBlank

I totes know what you mean Justinian. I am a very quiet person unless it's an intelligent discussion of some kind, I don't really have any friends, and I always overhear people saying, "I don't know why, she just annoys me." I get lonely and wonder what I'm doing wrong... but you know what? What wrong with being strong on your own, and feeling happy without needing acceptance from someone else? Isn't independence something of worth to anyone anymore?

This is my rule of thumb: as long as you're nice to people, even if they treat YOU like crap there's nothing they have to back up their hatred other than jealousy or their own self-doubt.

7. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well I'm the exact same lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    To be unique is to be never understood. To be unique is to be alone. You are the only person in the world who can be you, so you have to do it all by yourself. Everyone else will make you something else. :icon_wink

9. RosexBud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Just be you! If they can't handle you for who you really are, they're not worth the time and pain trying to be someone you're not in order to impress their standards.

Everyone is made in their own unique way. It's our choice whether we embrace our differences and quirks, or if we shove all that away and reject it. True freedom and happiness is when you no longer care what others think about you.

And tbh, it kinda doesn't make sense to me that they can just find someone annoying for no reason. xD

10. Justinian20

Well Euler I've tried to make friends, but the only way I can make friends is by being boring, take for instance I'm talking to a guy, video games and film are the only things we talk about and then I start doing something more fun, one guys reaction, you've crossed the line. But I don't know what I did wrong cause to me the only lines are sexual acts and violence.

I think I know why this might be happening, he wants drama so he created it.

11. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What do you mean by doing "something more fun"? Give an actual example, please.

12. Justinian20

Well I mean like I let my performer break out often, I think all of the others have got it right, it isn't really me it's the others, because most people even though they don't know me like my performers side, but some people don't and the people that don't, I don't need them around.

13. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    And what does this "performer" do? Can't you just give a couple of examples where you would describe just what an objective observer, like video camera, would see?

Context is everything. You cannot start being a clown in a Church in the middle of a funeral no matter how funny your act in some other context is.

14. Justinian20

The context is conversation and I might say something random. I might even do like a mini performance with dancing or rapping. I actually realised though I think this thread was more fustration over one guy, not liking my performers side. For now it's definitely turned vocal completely. I will say something and it will be a random creative thing I need to get out, or otherwise my mind will go crazy.

In high school people liked my performances, so it is definitely one guy here and I kind of worked out this guy is super insecure.

15. Seahawksfan

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I'm sorry to hear about your friends like them are not worth your time!

16. Ryu

Ryu

I shouldn't talk to people. I still do it to piss them off though. Who cares what they have to say?

17. Truna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with everything else you said about independence from other peoples' thoughts. However, in the nicest way possible, I'd like to ask you to please check that you aren't offending anyone by thinking that way. Maybe it's that internal thought of 'I'm better than everyone' that's turning potential friends away from you.

18. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Why is it so difficult to cite an actual conversation? Perhaps even the one which you referred to in the first message. There are random things you can say and there are random things you can't say unless you want a specific negative label on yourself.

Suppose you are talking about school work with a class mate. Suddenly you say something random like: "Oh, I really wish I could eat Norwegian salmon-potatoes." And then make a little victory dance. Sure, random and a bit weird but no reason for anyone getting upset.

However, if you in the same context said: "Oh, I really wish I could f**k you in the ass right now and here." And then proceeded to make some obscene gestures the reception to your little performance would likely to be quite different.

19. Justinian20

It's never the second example you provided, here is what happened

We were talking about an assignment that we were doing involving different steps to get too the major assessment paperwork. I was measuring an eighth of a page each time and he then said his thing and I said, "This bitch does her own thing," thus relating to the paperwork, then I turned it into a drag performance and started to perform as such.

It was also done on Facebook this time and so using my imagination, I basically got him going to get up on stage as well (he liked Ru Pauls Drag Race) that's the reason I even considered doing that and then he basically becomes insecure.

---------- Post added 10th Mar 2016 at 12:31 AM ----------

I only really say it on here as kind of fustration
    and a way to make me feel a little better because I normally feel I suck at so many things.

#19 Justinian20, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016