1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight friend in unfortunate situation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RyFastForward, Mar 6, 2016.

1. RyFastForward

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So, I don't know if this forum is the place for it or not, but I'm gonna go ahead anyway. All of the people (exept the worrior, which is me) involved are straight. Not such a good start on an LGBTQI forum!
    So, my friend and I were at another friend's party. I left him alone for like 5 minutes to find more food, and when I got back he was flirting with this decent looking girl. And she was flirting back. I knew this girl from years back in acting classes, and I remember her being a bit "flirtatious" to put it politely. So, anyway, that went on for the whole night, and by the time I left, they were still at it. So, the next morning I asked another friend who was there what had happened. And she said not much after I left, because she (my other friend) had asked the girl about her boyfriend and both of them stopped in their tracks. To make matters worse, she (my other friend) had asked my friend if he liked the girl, and he blushed. So, now I'm pretty sure he's crying himself to sleep and all that depressing stuff, keeping it all bottled up and not telling a soul (gee that sounds farmilliar) until all of his pain and heartbreak becomes too much to deal with.
    If anyone has been in a similar situation (to me, not my friend) help would be appreciated

2. alonsy alonso

I have been in both positions before and i too wanna be there to help throughout. Sometimes i feel bad when i cannot but you cannot help them if they do not want help. When i felt like that i did not want to talk to anyone until i was ready and i was feeling better about the situation so maybe just wait until he comes to you because he might not want your help at the time but you can help after.