1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Therapeutic Cloning

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by peachygogh, Mar 7, 2016.

1. peachygogh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What are your opinions on Therapeutic Cloning?

I think once more is known about it, and as long as people don't abuse it, it is greatly beneficial to many people. It could treat Alzheimer's, Diabetes, and create organs for people who need transplants. 'Pro-life' people claim that it is killing babies, but a cell is not a baby. I think it should definitely be used soon.

2. Capricorn98

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I totally agree. I don't think a cell is a baby, I think its just some people believe in the sanctity of life and it depends on when you think a cell becomes a baby, some people think it occurs at the point of fertilisation while others do not.

many people of faith hold this belief of sanctity of life. so mostly people of faith would be against therapeutic cloning. It's perfectly understandable that people are against it since some would class it as murder.

It would revolutionise medicine but the controversy surrounding it has limited it. I'm all for it especially if it could help treat previously untreatable conditions.