1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips for men with fine hair

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AlamoCity, Mar 7, 2016.

1. AlamoCity

I realized when I was getting my hair cut the last time that I have very fine hair was wondering how other guys with thin hair manage it (note, I don't mean "thinning," but rather that each individual hair is very small in diameter (i.e. not coarse or thick)).

Are there any haircut styles or tips on managing this hair? Should I go to the "ethnic" haircare product section to find better products? If I get up and do nothing I always look like I have a severe cowlick :lol:.

If you have fine hair, how do you manage it? I suppose I simply want a no-frill, haircare routine where I could almost just wake up and head out the door looking well kempt and professional.

2. tscott

My hair is fine and pin straight. I keep my hair in a modified brush cut, not as sever as a military high and tight. You need to get it cut every four weeks, but it's wash and go.

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    well I do have some pretty fine hair...its hard for me sometimes to get it to look like that. I have to either use gel or hairspray. If I'm going to work i like to take a shower first and then I'll either blow dry it and comb it, then put some hairspray in it or if I wanna keep it down, right after i get out of the shower and dry off i brush my hair down and put gel in it.

4. AlamoCity

Unfortunately this is where I make a mistake. I'm usually too lazy and wait between 6-8 weeks in between haircuts.

5. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Regular trimming and lots of 'product'. I know it's not a great tip, but it's the only way I can tame my hair.