1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's finally happening

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by taken, Mar 9, 2016.

1. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    After four years of working my ass off, applying, reapply, and reapplying again, I've finally been accepted to vet school. This has been my childhood dream, and everything I've done in my life has been in preparation for this opportunity. I obtained my bachelors in Animal Science in 2010, will complete my Master's of microbiology and food safety this summer, and begin vet school in the fall.

I have a few reasons I am announcing this on here.
    1. Don't ever give up on your dreams! Sometimes you can be told "NO" over and over, but always work to improve yourself and find or make a way for your dreams to come true. Don't let anyone or anything stand in your way.
    2. I feel like things are finally starting to fall into place and I have become a happier person since I've learned to accept myself and quit letting others influence me. I am more comfortable in my own skin and I believe that shows in everything I do now. I no longer have to hide who I truly am and that gives me a confidence that I've never had before.

Let me be an example to everyone here and an encouragement to you all!! No matter how crappy things seem, always keep pushing. I battled depression, suicidal thoughts, thoughts of just wanting to give up and find the easy way out. Keep your head up!!!

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats.

And thank you for the inspiration, it is good to see that dreams really can come true.