1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there anyone here who is/was stuck with a job that you no longer like?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MiseryJoe, Mar 10, 2016.

1. MiseryJoe

I've been working full-time and at first, I loved my job. But, things got going downhill, you know, budget cutting, feeling isolated in my job and in my office because I have not much to do in terms of work due to no budget. The pay is really great, but I'm not happy anymore.

It's like I'm having my salary without paying my dues. Actually, there is nothing to pay my dues because of budget constraints. My friends envy me because I get money without a sweat. For me, going to my office is like going to "depression hell".

You may think or say why don't I get out of the job that I don't like. The truth is I really wanna do that but my family needs money and the pay is, like I said, very good. It's bittersweet. Urrggghhh~! I'm going crazy.:bang:

Share me your similar stories (if any) and tell me what to do.

2. PrivateUser

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It's surprising how many people really< do not enjoy their work, but keep on going for whatever reason and do not look around for something else. Truth is, it is easier to find work elsewhere when you already have a job, and that dream job could be just around the corner, waiting for you.

I have never considered money a good reason to stay in one place; why sacrifice your health and humour for a few dollars? I was in the British army for 12 years, an absolute dream for me, traveling the world. Then came a few new people into the unit and the entire atmosphere changed for the worse. So I quit. I took a chance and found myself something else, re-trained and even moved to a new country. I've been in my present job - which puts bread on the butter - for nearly 16 years, and do not regret it at all.