1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need political asylum

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by edy, Mar 9, 2016.

1. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I live in one of the most dangerous countries in the world. There's no nice way to say it. It is what it is. I have OCD and I am always in fear that something bad could happen to me and my family. Every time the phone rings, I am scared to DEATH. I'm not gonna waint until something happens, I need to get the f out of here ASAP!

Too much corruption, too much neoliberalism, too much poverty, the culture is simply FUCKED UP

---------- Post added 9th Mar 2016 at 08:50 PM ----------

Some states of my country are dubbed as "more dangerous than those of Syria".

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Without knowing precisely where you are, it's very hard to offer any meaningful advice. Some countries are seen as hostile and dangerous places for LGBT people and if you are based in one of those countries you may have grounds for claiming asylum.

3. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    No, that's not gonna work. Mexico city is a "gay friendly" state, we can even adopt, have sex change surgeries and get married. Even though I've suffered from bullying and homophobia that's not my main concern.

Yesterday, I learned that the ONU released a gang of kidnappers.... because the "poor things" were tortured by the police. That's really f-up!

#3 edy, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I found a site on how to get political asylum, though I think the url is for the US. If you go through google, you might be able to find information on other countries like Canada, the UK, and maybe Australia for example. I hope this helps.

Applying for Asylum - Immigration Equality

5. Distant Echo

Don't go for asylum in Australia. Seriously don't. Even refugees that qualify for asylum don't make it out of the detention sites. We have kids locked up FFS.

6. PrivateUser

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Just travel north until you get to Canada. I've heard that they grant asylum to Americans, so almost anyone must be able to get in. :lol:

#6 PrivateUser, Mar 11, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  7. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I am mexican

8. FalconBlueSky00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Try to get in on a work or student visa. I'm in Texas and I knew a couple from Taiwain who lived here for over a decade going to college and getting a PH.D. By the time they were done any country would let them in with the skills they had. Look at STEM courses, the US has a need for people in STEM, and it might be easier to get visas for that. If money is a issue check out starting at Austin Community College. The rates are very low, and it's an LGBT friendly city. Also if you can manage to start college in Mexico City, or are in High School still, you can apply for exchange student programs. It's a temp fix but it would make it easier to look for more solutions if you were allready in another country. Also Angelo State College has a good exchange program, I know someone who did student hosting although she moved out of state last year. A bonus for Texas is that a there is a large Latino community, grocery stores, and other things that might be comforting. I spent 6 months in the north US, and the first time I heard someone speaking Spanish after several months I nearly hugged the stranger. I'm not Latino but growing up here I got so used to the mix of Spanish and English that I get sad when I don't hear it.