1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do on the first date?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Marco Blue, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Marco Blue

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I want to ask out a guy I know but I don't know where to go or what to do or where to ask him out to. What's the best place or thing to do on the first date?

2. lemons123

Guess in depends on the person in question but some ideas:

* Something casual - over a coffee.
    * Watch a movie together
    * Basketball/football etc. if he is into that
    * Something "cultural" like night of museums etc.

Talk about anything: your cats :slight_smile:, politics, friends, eating, favorite languages, music, books, movies.

3. LizSibling13

LizSibling13 Guest

When Jake met me as a girl when I was with my parents at the mall, he asked if I could go to the movie with him. It was an enjoyable first date. We been friends since first grade when I was a boy...

What to on the first date??? Have sex... :grin: Just joking...

4. KnucklesNation

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree. Everyone's interpretation of the perfect first date is different depending on their interests and who they are. If you're depleted in the financial department, plan a picnic or go on a hike; if he's athletic or likes nature he should appreciate it. But if you got the funds, you can never go wrong with a nice restaurant. There's nothing like good food and a good conversation. I would vote against going to the movies for the first date though, due to the fact that first dates are like interviews. There has to be some conversation so you can get to know that person a lot better; and you can't do that inside of a movie theater. So hold back on that until like the third date. That way the two of you can NOT watch the movie...wink wink; nudge nudge. :icon_wink

5. guitar

I always recommend coffee and/or going for a walk somewhere. You need to talk and interact. See each other's personalities and find out what you have in common, what you don't, do you have similar life goals? See how you are together. You can't do any of this if you go to a movie or something with no interaction.

6. Marco Blue

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What about a sporting event like a baseball game or soccer?

7. DRex

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Mine have all been just casual meals out, though the most recent was part of a longer day out including a museum visit.

I tend to treat a first date as more of a get-to-know-you session than actually being part of a serious relationship though.

8. Seahawksfan

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Text him and ask him to Have lunch or go to a movie or drive with you On the first date best thing is getting to know The person more what's Intresting about them and do you feel intrested and want to see him again or He was boring and don't want too see him again Try to enjoy yourself!

9. tega957

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What to do on the first date...
    We recently spiced up our love life when I told my TG girl friend that I wanted her to beat me with a belt and be slap me around. She did a fair job the first time and we just had our second go at it and it was WONDERFUL...
    So, my advice to you is to tell your date exactly what you are interested in on the first date. Stop wasting your time with half attempts at being happy. If you two are not on the same page now chances are you will never get there unless you GO FOR IT. Ever been to a rodeo..? They announce the contestant at the gate and tell a brief story about them then describe what they are going to attempt... You never here the announcer say here is someone and I'm not sure what they are attempting. NO. Just pretend you are the main attraction and the crowd is watching. This is important to you isn't it..?
    I have two black eyes and two busted lips and various welts on my ass and back. But damn I got what I was looking for. Oh, one other thing... Be careful of what you ask for, you just might get it. Hope this is helpful : )

10. JiminyJordy

JiminyJordy Guest

Yeah, watching sports together is hot. Hide in the corner of the bleachers, out of sight.

I do like the idea of a sports game, though. But anything works. Even if it's simply chillin' at their house.

And you're in Boston so it's an excellent hub for sports.

11. Just Adam

I have very very little experience with dating. One date we went bowling but that is expensive and a bit meh tho can be fun and intimate if helping with the ball.

I think a cup of coffee, sat staring in to each other's eyes is romantic. It's how I always dream about meeting someone, our eyes meet over the busy shop.

12. neogaf1000

neogaf1000 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go outside and participate in outdoor activities on a first date.

13. Bing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Good point! I do suggest you do sth together and have a good conversation to know each other better.

14. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ice cream and conversation? Ice cream is always marvelous.

15. JeremyGotSwag

For me it'd be something as simple as cuddling while watching netflix at a nice apartment, just a nice relaxing evening. We will think of new stuffs as we come along. He's pretty imaginative, random and over-the-top so he'd prefer something far fancier than what I have in mind. Either way, it's not going to be much of a issue. We need both excitement and peace.