1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lucid dreaming and guilt

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Canterpiece, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally, I used to lucid dream all the time when I was younger, so I found it surprising to find out that there's quite a few people I know that find such a concept weird or seemingly impossible to them.

I don't lucid dream as much these days. I guess because I'm less bothered about it and I just let my dreams just well..happen.

I've always found dreams to be quite fascinating, because they can feel so real at the time. I've even felt guilty and/or disturbed by my dreams before- one dream in particular left me disturbed for about a week. Well, it was more of a nightmare but I digress. There's some that really stick with you, and others that you forget almost instantly.

It is annoying because you can be having a really great week and then have some really disturbing nightmare or end up doing something bad in a dream and feel guilty for it even though you know it's not real. Occasionally such dreams have even put me off my food before, even when I've tried my best to forget about it.

Does anybody else get this? Does anybody feel rather disturbed/guilty or disappointed after a experiencing something in a dream? Do you tend to lucid dream? I'm bored, so er..have this thread I guess. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :eusa_danc

2. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Not so much lucid dreaming, but I used to have really graphic nightmares. I would wake up and not know if it was real or not or if I was going to be killed in my sleep etc. I'd have these really graphic nightmares where I was drowning and I'd wake up gasping for air because I'd stopped breathing. They went away for a while, but now they're coming back.

I also dream things that are oddly realistic or specific sometimes, and forget them for a while, then they happen in real life and mess me up. It's not even déjà vu, I know that I dreamt it, it's just freaky :slight_smile:

Dreams are weird things, but then, so are people :slight_smile:

3. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've only been able to achieve lucid dreaming a handful of times and I need to practice more. I write sci-fi fantasy so my dreams tend to be a mixture of Dr. Doolittle, Anne McCaffrey, Ann Rice and Metallica. I don't have nightmares... I go into my dreams to scare them.