1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homework help!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gumtree, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Gumtree

Okay so I have to do a short story (no more then 1000 words) for English over this week.

Problem is I am totally out of ideas and quite a terrible writer.

Soo.. I was sitting at my desk trying to think of something to write when I was like "OMG, I will ask EC for help!"

So the idea is that we can collectively write a short story.

The theme of the story is "Alienation" and it has to "inspired" by an illustration (I will post it bellow).

There is no other limitations, the story can be as fictional as we please and about anything at all, as long as it has an element that represents some form of "Alienation".

http://iasos.com/audioclp/StairwayToHeaven-D-4d.jpg

(I couldn't find the actual image on Google but this is almost the same, just change all the colors to dark and eerie colors)

This could be fun!

So the idea is that the first person can write say an introduction, or even just a first sentence, then the next person will copy and paste what the previous poster wrote and add their own little bit.

So please, even if you don't want to add anything and you just have ideas SHARE THEM, they will help heaps!

Remember grammar and spelling (English Australian) are important!

#1 Gumtree, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  2. limfjord96

damn thats a cool picture...id start it like so:

Some where, off the coast of some dreamscape sits a towering staircase. Where it goes no one knows for sure, but one thing that is for certain is that once you ascend towards the heavens you may never be the same.

or something like that

#2 limfjord96, Feb 16, 2009
  3. Gumtree

Great start :grin:

Some where, off the coast of some dreamscape sits a towering staircase. Where it goes no one knows for sure, but one thing that is for certain is that once you ascend towards the heavens you may never be the same.

One would think that a stairway to heaven would be a cheerful thing, covered in daisies and roses, scenting the breeze around you and attracting all manner of creatures to play and frolic. But reality had a nasty surprise in store for me I realized as I slipped on the first slime covered step of the stairway leading up into the impenetrable gray of the sky.

#3 Gumtree, Feb 16, 2009
  4. No One

Some where, off the coast of some dreanscape lies a staircase. Where it goes no one knows for sure, but one thing that is for certain is that once you ascend towards the heavens you may never be the same.

One would think that a stairway to heaven would be a cheerful thing, covered in daisies and roses, scenting the breeze around you and attracting all manner of creatures to play and frolic. But reality had a nasty surprise in store for me I realized as I slipped on the first slime covered step of the stairway leading up into the impenetrable gray of the sky.

The light slowly slipped away and the darkness moved in to envelop me. To those blow the idea of heaven was a bright one but to me living for eternity trapped with my thoughts seemed a road to hell.

5. Gumtree

Anyone is welcome to change or edit anything already written!

The idea of this is to get ideas and perhaps a structure. Word for word copying would be cheating a little bit, so in the end I will have to spin things into my own words a little bit. When I make the end product I will be using ideas from throughout the entire thread so don't worry if some meanie decides to chop your work out!

6. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hehe...why wasnt I this innovative at school! Get other people to write my English essays. ;-)

Some where, off the coast of some dreanscape lies a staircase. Where it goes no one knows for sure, but one thing that is for certain is that once you ascend towards the heavens you may never be the same.

The light slowly slipped away and the darkness moved in to envelop me. To those below the idea of heaven was a bright one but to me living for eternity trapped with my thoughts seemed a road to hell.

Thoughts of the unknown; thoughts of unimaginable proportion; they fog my mind. I close my eyes and feel the intoxicating gale touch my face. I taste the bitterness of my existance on my tongue. I hear the pounding of my heart like the drums of a revolution. My self being is barely breathing.

7. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    thousands of years ago when the world was almost sinless (duh duh duh) god as kind and alloowed to passage to heaean by his kind spirirts and the huge stair way knows as StairsUnited was created this allowed humans and angels to live together soon god though it would be cool if they both lived on earth and all the angels immigrated to earth (later known as homosexuals (because angels are genderless and they fall in love with other angels that are gender less) sonn god gae them genders the StairwayUnited was abolished and soon people started to realize how the angels are superior to the humans in every way and started to discriminate against them. the new era was force hen angels ere forced into hiding they lost theit wings and all their power was locked in their hearts. even though the angels were more powerfull then the humans they were to pure youuse their power on such unworthy beings. soon angels started to mix with humans and now rarly 1 /10 humans is born an angel blessed by god! the END