1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being the first one of your friends to date + the only LGBT one

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MayaBee, Mar 13, 2016.

1. MayaBee

So, my friends and I are slowly getting into the age where you or most people start dating for the first time. I (one of the youngest, most of my friends are 16 already) amthe first one apparently, and I find myself in a (maybe just for me) strange situation. While all my friends are talking about their crushes "on that hot guy from maths class", dreaming about their future husband or are just not interested yet, I am the only one who goes on dates. This wouldn't be so strange, if I would date guys. I guess I just feel like since I am the only one who is dating of my friends, I should be dating guys, so we have atleast one similarity in our 'sexual experiences'. But, I don't. I go on dates with girls. Which I really like and which I am proud of and I feel so relieved that I can do such a thing in public and that my friends accept that about me. But at the same time, I feel like it seperates me from them. Well, that isn't a feeling that makes me struggle or something, but it's just that little voice in my head, telling me I don't fit in with my friends anymore. I am not going to run off and search for new friends, but that is just how I feel (luckily only a little bit). I guess, that is what it takes when you are the first one of your friends to date, and to date girls.

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

If your friends accept that about you then I don't think there will be much of a problem. I mean, okay, so talking about relationships might be embarrassing for some. To be honest, if they are interested in dating a person, and you're the first person out of them to be dating someone, then they might be a little bit jealous. You might be dating different genders but you could still share tips about how to get a date if they want that help, and you could talk about how it's going with yours.

If you're worried you don't fit in, then maybe you could find something all of you like to do that you all have in common; relationship wise or not. Not all friends share exactly the same interests, but if you have at least one, then it should be enough to talk about and enjoy.

I hope this helps.

#2 Secrets5, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  3. MayaBee

Thank you for replying so fast! The thing is, most of my friends just say something like "oh, good for you" when I tell them I went on a date and when I want to talk about it with them they all kinda like... i dunno "zone out"(?). They just either seem to be uncomfortable when I talk about dating a girl or not interested at all, I guess that's what makes me feel kinda insecure about dating etc.
    But we still talk and enjoy each others company, they just dont seem to like talking about dates, heh.

4. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have no idea whether I reply quick or not until I post due to my time being all wrong.

Maybe they're just not the people who like to talk about dates; regardless of genders involved. I don't think there's much you can do in that situation, to be honest. Maybe bring around your girlfriend if you've been dating for a while [I'd suggest a month, but whatever you think is comfortable] and then she can join in with the group. That way if they know who she is they might feel more comfortable talking about her as they'll know her too.

#4 Secrets5, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  5. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me it's the other way around, most of my friends have boyfriends, go on dates, talk about crushes etc. I've never really dated anyone properly before - I dated a straight girl who was questioning which lasted pretty much just three days, and I dated a gay guy whilst in the closet.

Well I'd say you're pretty lucky. I know one girl who's pansexual, but she's interested in someone else. It'd be cool to go on a proper date someday though with someone. *sigh*