1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does everyone go thru the same stages...?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KarenLyn, Mar 13, 2016.

1. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been dying to ask this because I saw an immediate change in how I looked at things, Liked Pages on Facebook with little hints and postings about gay rights and posting the June 26, 2015 decision by the courts to legalize gay marriage... I found myself becoming the poster child for the LGBT community... LOL! And yes, as soon as I finally said to myself... "You know... I think I'm bisexual!" I had to watch every episode of the L-Word... had dreams about Shane... eeek! and started posting things on my facebook page that should have had my friends asking if there was something I needed to tell them but ... it never came up. So I ask again.. am I the only one who went through that?

Attached Files:

2. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same with me but with being transgender.

3. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being queer and trans is a large part of my identity, as are my political/social stances. I'm like a walking liberal poster board. :lol:

4. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm soooo glad to hear that I wasn't alone in this.... it's like all of a sudden I had to tell the world to get their fashnizzle together.

---------- Post added 13th Mar 2016 at 08:20 PM ----------

One other thing I have a question about... I have had such an aversion to the word queer that even before I came out to myself I would jump all over anyone who used it (might have been an early sign for me) but even now that I'm part of the LGBT community I don't like using it with in our own group... make sense?

5. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everyone has different reactions to differs t words. In don't like words like queer or faggot but don't mind tranny.

6. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks....

7. penelope

The LGBTQ+ community has really become a big part of my identity and I find myself considering the world a lot through that. It's amazing that after I figured out what was it that made me different it kinda' changed my life and my way of thinking. Nowadays I'm very interested in anything that has something to do with "my people" (the community) and I'm always taking any chance I get to educate people and explain and point out the little things in what they're saying that makes it somehow "close-minded". I like to help people keep us in mind and really think about what they're saying and maybe even starting to see how little presentation we get and perhaps try to do something about it. :grin:

8. RosexBud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It depends how people react, I guess! Maybe they don't really mind about you being Bi?

Though for me, I don't know how my parents are going to feel about ME, especially my mom considering she's Christian. I am too, but I'm still suffering from doubts, wondering if God just looks at me, disgusted. Or if He still loves me..? I don't know. One of your pictures saying, "I'm not confused, I like both girls and boys" brung this up in my mind: I'm not confused about my sexuality. What I AM confused on however is how GOD thinks of it. No matter where I look, it seems like I don't get a straight up honest, truthful answer. :icon_sad:

9. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  10. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm watching the L word, OITNB and Faking it, I've got into riot grrrl stuff and I've considered cutting my hair. And I love being all inspiring on tumblr, though I try to do only a tiny sprinkling of that. Yeah. I get it.

11. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    RoseXbud... I think that's why a lot of us are drawn to Wicca. The interesting thing is... the same creator/God that they believe in is the same one we believe in. We just see Divinity as Male and Female / God and Goddess.