1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out experience

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gravity7, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Gravity7

Gravity7 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I wanted to know how things change after you have officially come out as LGBT...like how your friends, family, teachers treat you like before & after learning about you coming out of the closet...especially if you a ftm transgender & gay at the same time...

2. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nothing change.

My mom and eldest's bro's girl friend will sometimes say something like "She..I mean he...whatever." But most of the time it is still female pronouns.

And everyone else has ignored my coming out and treat me like a girl as always. I don't mind the female pronouns, I just hate that no one bothers to try. I will have to be more aggressive, which I hate.

3. guitar

Echoing CadutiMorte, I'll say that very little has changed. At least as far as how people treat me. I obviously can't speak to the experience of being trans and/or transitioning, but as far as being gay, once I told them it was basically business as usual. My friends and family still love me and respect me. As far as I know I haven't lost any friends in the process - at least none that were close to me.

The only thing that's changed is myself in that I finally have peace of mind and aren't as stressed about hiding who I am, lying via pretense, and being afraid of who could find out. When everybody already knows, unless the person would do serious harm to me, who cares if they find out?

4. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So far nothing has changed but it's only been a week maybe. Family and friends seem to be dealing with it. Work doesn't know yet but i'm sure it'll come out there too.

5. Pinky

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've only come out to people that I felt would take it well and they did. They don't see me any differently.

6. Dingdang

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have not come out as MTF transgender & 90% lesbian yet, but I know that life after coming out as transgender will definitely have more changes than life after coming out as an unexpected sexuality.

I have not told my parents anything, but I'm pretty sure they would not be surprised if I come out. Some people may have horrible reactions, but I don't know if that is the case with my parents. :confused:

7. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nobody treats me differently, which I'm really thankful for

8. the haunted

Everything was okay when I came out as a lesbian. My family and friends support me and it's not an issue at my job. Smooth sailing.

A few people know about my gender questioning. There have been struggles there with my girlfriend and my brother. My brother is one of my best supporters, but he can say some pretty stupid shit. My girlfriend identified as a lesbian when I met her, so you can see the problem there. She identifies as queer now and is also a huge support. My mom kind of knows about it through things my brother has said. She knows I wear a binder and it's not a secret that I shop in the men's department. I feel like she knows and she's waiting for me to tell her, but I'm not ready.

#8 the haunted, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016