1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever thought that you would be alone for the whole life?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bing, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Bing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, I just want to know whether you have got the feeling that you would be alone for the whole life at a certain time. If you do, why?

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think it, I know it.

Some people are incompatible with other people. And I'm one of those people.

#2 Kodo, Mar 16, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I've often thought so... I feel so misunderstood a lot of the time. That, being trans, and having severe trust issues... it makes for a grey horizon. :frowning2:

I hope, hope, hope it won't have to go down that way, though. sigh...

4. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, dear, wherever there is a grey horizon so shall I be. So not all alone, yeah?

5. BelleLey

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I feel that way a lot, probably because i've always been alone and i know how and if i want to change that.

6. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes, but it doesn't bother me anymore.

Right now I'm with someone, but I know that can change, and then I'll be back to black. I think I got more troubles with the idea of being with someone, than the idea of being on my own.

As to the reasons why, I can't explain well... I guess I just like to be on my own, and I need to have lots of personal space to feel okay. I just like my freedom to do whatever.

#6 Michael, Mar 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2016
  7. Aerin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have had that feeling before. Mostly because I am very closed off and am scared to open myself up to people and show that I'm interested. One of my best friends was talking about moving in with her boyfriend of three years and getting married. She's the same age as me, and we are worlds apart. I've never had an actual relationship with anyone.

Things like that make me feel like I'll be alone forever, just based on the personality that I have.

Since I've stopped trying to date men, I feel a lot better about my prospects though. The idea of a woman is much more comfortable. Accepting my sexuality was a big step in being okay with myself, and being okay with how others see me.

As an introverted person, I definitely face more obstacles than someone who is much more emotionally available. But I won't stop trying, so even if I am alone my whole life, at least I tried. And I know I'll never really be alone - I'll have lots of friends, always.

8. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Born on Feb 2, an Imbolc baby, I'm an Aquarian. I have always preferred to be alone. I don't mind being around people, socialize and have fun but it find comfort in the stark emptiness of the desert. If it happens I can survive...

9. BelleLey

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I think that's exactly why i can't bring myself to even consider dating anyone

10. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know I will, and I'm happy with that. The idea of being in a relationship, or of even dating anybody, absolutely bores me.

11. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Same here. (*hug*)

---------- Post added 16th Mar 2016 at 05:27 PM ----------

Thanks. <3

12. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since I don't really like (or understand) places like bars and clubs, and I am hesitant about dating apps since they, are really just hook up apps (and I don't do hook ups) and I'm socially awkward and I don't get out much, I am trans.....yeah I'm certain I'll be alone the rest of my life

13. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh definitely. From the age of about 9 or 10 I knew that I'd never date or find a partner. Don't know if this was instilled in me through the bullying I endured but its just reality. Its a reality that completely sucks but I've just got to live with it.

14. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perhaps not exactly what you meant but every time that I've split up with someone, I have this horrible feeling in my gut that I'll never find anyone else to love me. It goes off after a little while (remembering how much I like being single helps :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). I just tell myself that I'm a nice guy and that I'm sure there's someone out there for me. I just have to be patient and open to meeting new people.

15. Yes. I feel like I'm too different for others or have unique traits/preferences that may not be the norm. Relationships have been a struggle for me, despite trying all of the things that others have recommended me to do. It seems like you have to be this different person to get a relationship.

I have had my fair share of naysayers that told me that I can't find anyone. I sometimes want to be logical and accept the fact that maybe I'm meant to be single.

#15 Fullofsurprises, Mar 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2016
  16. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I certainly hope not, but I've thought about it in the back of my mind.

Finding a single gay/bi gay that I click with, he clicks with me, and that deals with all my weird traits seems kinda improbable tbh. But I try not to be one of those "nobody will ever love me :frowning2: :frowning2: :frowning2:" kind of guy.

#16 HM03, Mar 16, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  17. Cedar

I keep feeling that because I'm trans, I'll never be fully accepted as a man and thus my options with men would be limited to those that only fetishize trans people, I'm not much of one to do "hook-ups", if at all. So yeah, I'd say I'll probably be alone. I personally don't like it but my hopes tend to be squashed anyways.

18. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I can be very picky and reserved. I also tend to get away from most people after I've been too close to them, because I start to not stand them. Even though I've been trying to be more tolerant and learn to accept that everyone has their bad side, there's a considerable chance I might end up single. That obviously doesn't make me happy but it's not the end of the world either.

19. plant

I hope not. I have a very strong to desire to find love and get married and all of that jazz. I really just want to have the experience of loving and being loved, and I know that you don't have to be in a romantic relationship to experience that, but marriage is something that I have always wanted

20. timo

Yeah, this

I don't really care. My life is quite great the way it's now, without anyone special there. Sure, sometimes I feel like it would be nice to be in a relationship, but in general I don't mind being alone. I think I'd get super bored in a relationship after x years.