1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to prepare for a first date

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MayaBee, Mar 17, 2016.

1. MayaBee

So, since I am having a date with a really nice girl this weekend, I have been wondering, what are some things to do before a date and how/what to prepare?

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just be yourself. :slight_smile:

3. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess that depends on where you guys are going, what's she like, dressy or casual... Okay, so I was a mess on my first 'real' date. Even if it's a friend that first date is special I guess... good luck!

4. MayaBee

We are going to the lake^^ I guess i will just dress casual, but is there anything else to do?

5. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dress casual for the lake, maybe prepare a picnic basket. If you're going to be out there at night, bring a blanket and you can do some star gazing and talking. Make sure you have good personal hygiene. I'm assuming you may be wearing a swim suit so just prepare all you areas to your liking :wink:
    The night before, verify plans/meeting time etc. just to let her know that you're excited and looking forward to the date.
    Most of all, be yourself on the date!!
    Good Luck!!!!

6. confusedbubble

You could also take a small gift for her something she said she likes nothing expensive or big something personal to her

7. guitar

Like the others have said, just be yourself! Keep an open mind and just relax. I always go into "bubbly" and "funny mode" complete with lots of smiles and laughs. Make sure you're dressed nicely - you don't have to overdo it but wear something presentable, and have good personal hygiene.

Keep the conversation light and casual. You don't need to reveal everything about yourself. Start out more general and leave her wanting more. Maybe reference something and say "maybe one day I'll explain more about that."