1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

overwhelmed

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by limfjord96, Feb 16, 2009.

1. limfjord96

anyone ever get so overwhelmed with built up emotions, and stress and things, that you hear a song or see a sight or some random small thing that just gets you all choked up? my head is overflowing with bad thoughts and i havent been able to sleep for two days, so i was listening to my ipod and storm by lifehouse came on and totally choked me up..such a powerful deep meaning song

2. Greggers

(Heh i keep running into you on the threads :slight_smile:)

Yea, i totally understand that. Music is a very powerful form of communication. The right words put into the right tune can really move people.

Beautiful by Christina Agulara or whatever shes called, dont really like her but that one song speaks wonders. It makes me feel so warm inside, like no matter what i look like im still a beautiful person. I think everyone should listen to that song once a day :slight_smile:

The Call by Regina Spektor, the song at the end of Prince Caspian. I cry, literally, EVERY time i listen to the song. It really tugs at my heart strings because of the connection i have to the characters in the book of Prince Caspian. I tend not to listen to it, because its a bad crying haha. Im so sad for the characters, and oh so attached to them.

Fuck You by Lily Allen, a new song ive fallen in love with. It speaks the exact words i can never say to many a two-faced bible thumping friend of mine. Its one of the most powerful songs i know, mostly because of personal experience but still. I recommend googling or youtubing the lyrics cause they are very good.

3. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Lol My PMS doesn't work that way. Music does it for me though. If you wanna hear a REALLY good song or two that could probably bring you a tear--I can manage that for ya.

4. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Ug! Greg beat me to the post...And why're you BOTH here? XD I thought we were having Wall wars.

5. Greggers

We should just make a new thread and all talk on it to eachother o_o

Your both interesting, and it makes it less effort for us all haha!

6. limfjord96

oh man, christina aguilaras voice is freakin amazing. You should here hurt. its powerful too. I love song from the begining of caspian when on the beach, and also in lion witch and wardrobe when on the train...that song is awesome, and may it be by enya.

7. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Sorry for third post...figured I might wanna actually you know...MENTION the songs lol

We Will Live Forever - Clint Mansell / off of The Fountain soundtrack

Smilin' Underneath - Ani DiFranco

In The Shadow, In The Light - Enigma

Live With Me - Massive Attack

The Host of Seraphim - Dead Can Dance

8. Greggers

Switchfoot has a song "Home" in the movie too. I loved the soundtrack for both movies, plus the movies themselves. C.S. Lewis is an idol of mine. Amazing book series.

Youtubing "Hurt" now

9. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Btw--you're both slacking. Imwaiting from BOTH of you for Wall responses! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I blame Limmy!

10. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Omigawd. You just posted AGAIN before me. Lol Jesus.

11. Greggers

Im a post whore, get used to it betch :wink:

12. Greggers

and B T W, im waiting on you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. limfjord96

dude...the fountain is an awesome movie

14. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Thanks Lemmy. :grin: I like Hugh Jackman, I think he is naturally handsom. Though, not sexy for some reason. I loooove his accent too. Anything Scottish or Irish in accent is immediately hot to me. I met a pure blooded Scottish boy in my Writing class and I almost melted everytime he talked. >_<)

15. Greggers

Irish accent is a huge turn on, but for me its a British or Welsh accent that seals the deal. Oh my....Yummy....

Hugh Jackman is not bad, but yea for some reason i dont find him very sexy either

16. limfjord96

hugh is australian...im irish by ancestory, and have a mean irish accent impersonation. and yea the irish accent is so hot

17. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Oh, forgot British. Maybe anything foreign does it save for some. >_<) I was on the phone with some Nigerian guy from Wells Fargo and I couldnt understand a word he said.

"Des To ad Ge ?"

"Im sorry could you repeat the question?

"Des to ad ge??"

"Um...Im very sorry could you try that again?"

"DES TO AD GE??????"

"Um...no thank you."

Is how it generally went. He ended up actually YELLING at me on the phone and apologized at the end and upgraded my account for free. Lol I think he was bribing me to not complain. I was laughing the entire time but I wasnt purposely being mean. I just couldnt understand a damn thing he was saying.

18. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Im Irish just the same...but being Irish and having the accent are two different things boyo. :wink:

19. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

My posts are going to slow down. I have to return to work and start writing again.

20. Greggers

Oh. My.

There is a thread to record your voice and post it to EC. Go do that with your accent, do us all a favor :wink: