1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joined a Couple of Gay Meet Ups

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by EM68, Feb 17, 2009.

1. EM68

Last week and this week I joined a couple of meet up groups. It really easy to join. I won't put up the website becasue it might be against EC's policy. If anyone is interested you can PM me.

The first group I joined was a Gay Professional Group. I just got back from it and it was a blast! It was the first time I have ever been around this many gay men before. At first I was not too sure what to expect. I got their early and started to talk to a few people then I was introduced to a few more. Everyone was nice plus there were a couple of hot guys. :icon_wink I was talking to one guy and he said he had to go becasuse he was meeting a couple of friends at a gay bar for 'show tune night'. I told him I heard about the bar but never went. He said he goes quit a bit. I then told him let me know when he goes and I would meet up with him. I know it was a little bold but what the hell.:grin: We wound up exchanging numbers. See what happens at least I may have met another friend. Later on I talked to a couple of other guys and we exchanged business cards.

I also joined a Gay Men's Group and the next meeting is Friday night. Its a bowling night then the plan is to go to a gay bar near by. It should be fun. I just want to join a few groups to meet people. The moral of the story for all of you that want to meet other gay people on your area, go for it!

2. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

I hate bowling but I want to join one of these said groups. Younger guy groups are harder to come by and I am NOT paying to trial and error. I applaud you though. :slight_smile: Way to go.

3. EM68

The group I went to tonight is free. I just paid for my drinks.

4. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Oh. :frowning2: I am underaged though. Cant go to certain places which is pretty fuggin stupid.

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, that's great! I was thinking of joining another gay group as well. Checked out their website and everything, so I might go in the coming weeks to one of their events.

Oh, yeah and the gay bar: it's smashing fun....:grin: Just enjoy yourself. I went to one in town last weekend. Although I didn't dance, it was still a lot of fun. Have fun and enjoy!

It's great that you are trying to get to know others!

6. Greggers

Wow, good for you :slight_smile: like, seriously freaking good for you! I am scared to death to go to a group like this, i cant pinpoint why though. But my loneliness is overweighting that fear right now, i think ill go look up a few of these. A few more months till i can go to bars though, so bleh

7. EM68

You should join it. I can not wait until the next event.

8. Bryan44

Wow, thats good for you. I need to see if there is anytihng like that here.

9. Emberstone

i only know of one, and the recent pictures of the meetings basically showed a group of about ten guys who looks to be between 45-70. I want to find one, and not for dating purposes, but I am 25, and relating to something who is 20-35 years older then me can be hard.

10. s5m1

Sounds like a lot of fun. Good for you! Expanding my social life to include a lot of gay friends has been great. Not only is it fun to hang out with other gay guys, but I have also met so many gay men in all walks of life – doctors, lawyers, judges, teachers, police officers, fire fighters, etc. It has given me a better perspective on the “gay community” and helped me with my coming out process. I hope your experience is similar.

11. Jeimuzu

I go to Mesmac which is a gay charity, every tuesday. Since joining them two weeks ago, I've got free condoms, more friends, and a free TV. =D (they were throwing it out because they had a new one)

12. kayar

Hey, that's just so brilliant! Well done! I'm so glad it has been an enjoyable and positive experience for you. As it happens - and purely by co-incidence (yukk that was a horrible song back in the 70's!) - I'm looking at doing much the same as you. I've been looking up some groups in my area, and e-mailed one last Sunday; but haven't had a reply yet. If no reply by tomorrow, I'll phone the contact number. But thanks for your story of encouragement. Kayar. X

13. Emberstone

After posting, I went searching, and found a group of gay men 21-35 in my area. however, it seems to be in transition, and looking for a leader, so I don't know if it is currently active, or if they are waiting to find a leader. I bookmarked the website, and might email later to find out what the situation is.

14. EM68

I am at the point in my journey where I feel comfortable enough to go out and meet people. I know that i don't want to be alone. I am reading how some of you guys/gals are meeting other people, going out, having fun, getting some action.:thumbsup: The only way I will meet people is to GO OUT. I know it wont happen by sitting on the computer and bitching to you guys why I am I alone (sorry guys, I love you all). (&&&) See what happens.

15. someguy82

I've been meaning to do something like this, but the fear of running into someone I know is palpable so I've been avoiding it.

16. myra

I know exactly how you feel! I have just joined one of the lgbt groups here and i'm loving it! I've never felt so accepted before! And i love hanging out with them all! oh its so fun! lol. Seriously...they are the greatest group of people.

17. s5m1

Look at it this way, if you run into them at a gay group meeting, they are probably gay too or at least very supportive of gays.

18. Emberstone

but... but I like sitting at my computer all day bitching! it is like one of lives simple pleasures. that, and sleeping.

19. Seanboy23

I am so happy for you! I know that my coming out would not have been nearly as easy or positive had I not had the nerve to go to a gay bar or walk into my local LGBT center.

It's been a wild ride, and I've learned so much about myself, mostly how to be open and free and just me, with no apologies or regrets. It feels like a 2-ton weight's been lifted off my back, and everyone around me seems to notice as (not-so-coincidentally) I've made so many more friends than I ever have in my life!

One note re: responses above... some of you have mentioned how the people in your local groups and clubs are all so nice and fun to be around. Isn't that the truth?? I know there's always bad apples in every bunch, but I swear, more than any other cultural or societal group of people, the gay community is just so damn nice, peaceful, and fun! Maybe a "gay world" isn't such a bad idea, lol!!!

20. EM68

Thanks. I am glad I went! I totally agree with you. I feel like I have been on a wild ride. I hope things gets easier for me when I come out to my parents this weekend. There is one guy from the meet up that emailed me today saying he was glad to meet me and he would like to get to know me better. The funny thing is that last night I sent a note to him on his profile page for the meet up. So I sent him back an email saying I would like to go out with him some time. See what happens.