1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asking people out?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ameryllis, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does anyone have any interesting stories about asking someone else out?

I'm thinking about asking my crush out via text, and I'm just trying to build up the confidence, and currently trying to read as many stories from others where they ask out their crush, whether they're good or bad, so I feel better when I actually do it myself. :|

#1 Ameryllis, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  2. Aerin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't have any good stories involving me asking someone out, but here's one that happened to me. It was the first time I had been asked out, and it was by this completely annoying boy. I think it was in the 9th grade. He walked with me for a bit before asking, "Do you like cheese?"
    I said, "Of course, everyone likes cheese."
    Don't think that it escaped my notice that he took this line directly from the movie, "She's The Man" with Amanda Bynes.
    So then, he says, "Would you like to go out with me?"
    And I pretty much said "no" in the harshest, most disgusted way possible, for which I feel bad about now.
    He stopped walking and I ran away.

Man, not sure how anyone could miss those early teenage years. The fact that I was totally freaked out by his question was probably a pretty big sign that boys were for friendship only.

---------- Post added 25th Mar 2016 at 12:29 AM ----------

Also, good luck asking your crush out! :slight_smile:

3. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck with it! For me, when I've been asked out, it starts with, hey you wanna meet up? Because it's all on an online chatting site, and there isn't any romance involved. I guess you could start off easy with 'Hey, you wanna grab a meal and watch a movie?', that kinda thing. Personally, for me, a 'date' means spending something beyond a meal, but meh.

Best of luck, gurl! <3

4. EnchanterForest

Good luck!
    Well I told one of my friends that I found them attractive though a riddle, it was funny we both had a laugh. They know I want to go out with a girl on my basketball team, so things aren't awkward between us.

That probably didn't help, but don't worry. It isn't to bad if they turn you down, you just have to remember to move on. I have been turned down a few times, and all the situations have all been all awkward in one way or another because of my Gender Identity and how they see me. But for you it will be fine. Just be confident in yourself.

5. Dingdang

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Does your crush have any chance of liking you? If so, go for it. :icon_bigg

I asked out a girl last year on the last day of school. She was in tenth grade, and I was in ninth. It's a big deal for me if I ask someone out, because I only do if I think that person is good enough for a long-lasting marriage. That might seem crazy, but I can almost immediately rule out anyone who doesn't have a chance, and she was the only one I couldn't rule out. I have certain criteria when choosing who to ask out:

1.) The person must behave well alone and in the presence of other people. That means that cursing or not being confident enough isn't acceptable.

2.) The person must have a growth mindset and must be determined to succeed in reaching her goals and dreams.

3.) The person should speak Chinese. (I'd consider people who don't speak Chinese, but I wouldn't want to have children, then.)

She met all my criteria, so I wrote a letter to her in Chinese and gave it to her in person on the last day of school. If you write a letter, then it shows that you put effort into the process, and it will be harder to reject. Handing the letter over in person is also important, for if you don't, the person might ignore the letter and pretend she never received it, and you will have no proof that what she would say is a lie. Talking to her in person is good, but since there seems to her that there is minimal effort on your side, there is a higher chance of rejection. Asking her out over the WWW is very risky, and I would never do that. When I wrote the letter, I mentioned that I spoke about her to my parents, and that my parents wanted to meet her. With this appeal to authority, she would be more likely to agree to meet.

When we were waiting for the bus to take us home for the last time, she personally walked over to me while I was chatting with some male friends and told me that we could schedule to meet during the summer. And so we met at her house in the middle of June 2015, and my mom got to speak with her, too. Now, since we're always too busy, we never have time to meet, but we are connected via e-mail. Her inbox is a bit messy, so she sometimes forgets that I messaged her, but she never refuses to respond on purpose.

I hope that my experience has provided you some useful advice. Good luck, and have a nice day! :icon_bigg

6. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe that my crush liking me could be a possibility, as she compliments me a lot, and has also never been with another girl! :grin: Also, the standards that you set for crushes seem like a really smart thing to do. It made me re-think my decision about telling her, actually, though we do share a lot of things in common so I think it would work (hopefully!).

Hmm...I'm not sure if I would write my crush a letter! I'm really shy, so I don't know how I'd pass off giving it to her. I love the idea, though, if I could only find a way to go about doing it. I do understand the 'indirect, less personalness' of texting crushes your feelings, and I'll definitely think on the letter confessing.

Also, thank you so much for the long response! It was obvious that you took a lot of time replying, and your response really helped. (*hug*)

7. Dingdang

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You're welcome. I hope all works out with you and your crush!

8. faultyink

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Go for it

She may even like you, which would be cool

9. wanderinggirl

I was asked out over text recently, and besides the confusion of "is it a date or isn't it?" it worked out ok. If you're more oldfashioned, do something old-fashioned; but if that isn't your style or stresses you out just do 2nd you gotta do to get her one on one face to face to get to know her!

10. CluelessOne

I got asked out once over text and directly after reading the text.... I fell asleep.

Strike one.

I ended up majorly sleeping in, as in midday sleeping in. I never do this.

Strike two.

I wake up to a phone that's blown up with 6 calls and about 15 messages.

Strike three. I'm out.