1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I doing the right thing?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by EnchanterForest, Mar 26, 2016.

1. EnchanterForest

I have came out to everyone about my Identity, but the thing is that I am almost doubting myself because everyone is asking me questions about it. All I can manage to get across to some is that I am just a boy in a girls body, and it isn't the whole story since I am a Demi-Boy. It is so confusing, for me and I am someone who doesn't get angry at people easily, but more at myself about things I do. When someone thinks they have done the wrong thing and start apologizing continuously or sometime pressure me into this identity that I have only half explained to them, I just start hating myself, which in turn leads to me having dysphoria and it just seems like a vicious cycle which I can't get out of. Just because they won't listen to me but then it was me who told them. So should I have not told them in the first place?

2. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it was brave of you to come out. I understand the question thing (every time I'd come out, gender or sexuality, I'd be asked "What's that?"), and it just...kinda comes with the nonbinary life, I guess? Telling people your identity is a pretty important step, especially for gender identity. Questions will be asked, no doubt about it, but...eh...c'est la vie.

Sometimes people won't listen to you (I have a friend who completely refuses to acknowledge me as agender no matter how many times I bring it up to him), but know that you won't always be around those people. You're still young, you've got a lot of life ahead of you, and you won't always be rooted in the same place around the same people. In short, I think that since you felt ready and made the decision, it was the right thing of you to do.

3. EnchanterForest

Thank You, Just another random thing liking nature/animals and like decorating your room with thing related to it, is that girly or just something boys do?

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Whether what you like are "boyish" or "girlish" doesn't matter. Let every colorful ray of light that is you shine brightly through; do your best not to mind what others say too much. It can be very hurtful, I know. But a lot of the time people are just commenting on things they find a bit strange or interesting, not necessarily really judging you or anything.

Hope that helped at all, I'm tired and stuff and mostly rambling, I think. ^^