1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you could start your life all over again, from what age would you do so?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HuskyPup, Mar 26, 2016.

?

If you could start your life over again, from which age would you do so?

1. From birth

21.7%
  2. 1-2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3-4

3.5%
  4. 5-6

7.8%
  5. 7-8

10.4%
  6. 9-10

10.4%
  7. 11-12

12.2%
  8. 13-14

11.3%
  9. 15-16

8.7%
  10. 17-18

7.0%
  11. 19-20

3.5%
  12. 21

0.9%
  13. 22-23

0.9%
  14. 24-26

1.7%
  15. 27-29

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. 30-35

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. 36-40

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. 41-50

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. 51-on

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, let's say that somehow, you were offered the opportunity to start your life over again. You'd have memories of your current life, but only to the extent in which you could understand them, depending on how young you chose to start over, and your stage of brain/bodily development: if you chose to start at 2 or 5, clearly, you might not yet be able to grasp the meaning of all your memories.

Myself, I would very much like to start over again. Adulthood is over-rated.

I have worked far too many hours, for little money, and at jobs that hold little meaning, and am often stiff, sore, hopeless, broke and depressed, with the feeling it's too late to turn things around.

For a person into literature and poetry, the post college world has been very difficult. All the world seems to value are things like computers and money and things that hold no interest for me.

True, I have had a partner of many years, for which I am thankful...and yet, I miss how I felt when I was younger, and all in all, I'd say I had more time and more freedom to explore the things that mattered most to me, than I do now.

So, would you start over? And at what age?

Edit: Forgot a no option ! Well, you have no choice! Ha!

I suppose if you're younger IRL, you could also opt to jump ahead, and be older...

#1 HuskyPup, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  2. HerrinDesFeuers

I wouldn't want to start over again. I am going to finish school in a few months and for me that's kind of a start of a 'new' life. All the years would have been pointless if I had to do them again now.
    I wouldn't want to jump ahead either because actually I think I'm in the best years of my life now. 18 is just perfect. :grin:

#2 HerrinDesFeuers, Mar 26, 2016
  3. wolf of fire

Younger or older, I'm in limbo right now and if I could become younger and know a way around it I would or I could be older and for better or worse be out of limbo.

4. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd start over at 13 because that was the point where I most significantly messed up my life. If I had made some different choices then I could have avoided most of the problems I've had since. Maybe I'd have different issues but I'm pretty sure it'd be better, and I'd do anything to not have to go through some of the situations I did. Then again, starting over would be a lot of work though lol so if I could just jump ahead from where I am now I'd be more than happy to do it. Probably to 19-21.

5. Ryu

Ryu

I would have thought that by definition, you would have to start your life again at birth, or is that just me?

6. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As shitty as my life has been at times, I would never start my life over. Each hard thing, each mistake, and every joy have shaped me to who I am. And if I am unsatisfied with who I am currently then I will start to change presently so that I can be a better me in the future.

Which that that was a choice to choose

#6 Matto_Corvo, Mar 26, 2016
  7. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being a baby with the memories of an adult sounds like a good way to go crazy.

I'd have to go up to at least 12 or so. That way I could actually use that extra knowledge.

8. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If I had to choose, I'd say 15-16. This was when I crushed on a male best friend, and first told anyone else about feelings I had about not being completely straight. At times, I wish I had just embraced it and not let it be such a "dark secret" I held inside for so long. I had already struggled for years with depression and questioning over my sexuality.
    That said, I now have 3 beautiful girls that I would gladly relive every other mistake I've made just to keep them by my side.

9. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unless one is already crazy, in which case all is well.

I'd go from birth. That would be very interesting to grow up and be gradually more conscious of a past life. Plus I'd really like to do some things differently, and relive some precious childhood moments, get to have lost time with people who are gone now, especially.

10. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Can I start over from pre-birth? Maybe then I could restart my life as an un-screwed-up guy with a normal personality.

11. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually I don't know if I would want it. Everything that had happend so far, helped forming the person that I am today. Would I still be the same person if I would start over from sometime in the past, making different choices, beeing with other people, etc.?

Of course some things had happend in the past that I would handle differently from my current point of view. Maybe when I'd do some things differently, my life could have taken a different direction, beeing different. The big question is: Would it really be better than my life is now or would it be even worse?

So I probably wouldn't want to start over.

If I have to chose, I'd say I would start from 15-16. Could get interesting to see how I would handle my life differently :icon_wink

12. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always said that I'd never want to go back to my childhood. Not even a few years ago. Having to endure my parents being together and their subsequent divorce, the endless years of bullying, depression and hating life. Yeah, no thanks. I'd prefer to go forward a couple years and be further along with being happy in myself but going back is out of the question.

13. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wouldn't do it because I don't live my life with regrets. :slight_smile:

14. killswitch0029

If I was asked this a few years ago I would have said 18-19 to undo my extremely negative life experiences during my early college years. Looking back on them now though 4 years later I feel that those hardships helped to strengthen me and shape me into the person that I am today.

15. TXTurbo90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I voted for 9-10 as 9 was when I realized I wasn't hetero-normative and began denial/anger that lasted for over a decade. If I would have been accepting of myself at that point I would be so much further ahead d happier in life than where I am currently. (I do regret that decision that hurt me so much psychologically and left deep scars that are still there to this day)

16. lovetoomuch

I voted 11-12 because I would have came out as soon as I knew. I don't regret coming out later, but I think I would have had the opportunity to change the idea of what 'gay' means. I could have showed people every gay guy doesn't fit the stereotypes. Also, I think it would have sucked in the moment, but it would have made my life easier because I wouldn't have had to constantly "hide" it in high school.

17. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't want to start my life over because I wouldn't be the same person. I don't want to be a different person.

18. silverdeer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't want to start over. I accept who I am and there is no going back.

19. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The thought of going through highschool again is a terrible thought, so I guess that leaves me with 19 or into the future sometime? I loved first year university, so if I could relive that year 4 or 5 times that'd be fun :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. butHitlerisDead

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well my answer would vary depending on whether I'm truly starting over or if I get to semi-start over where I get to go back in time but I get to keep the knowledge I've gained until now. If it's the former then I don't really care but if it's the latter I'd probably choose around 10 because that was right before middle school (I'm 17 now if that makes a difference) and a pivotal point in my life in terms of mental development. That being said, I'm a pretty lazy person so I'd probably make the same mistakes, or at least as equally as influential mistakes, that I've made in my current lifetime so it probably wouldn't be worth it.

#20 butHitlerisDead, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016