1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scouts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SAYGEUR, Mar 28, 2016.

1. SAYGEUR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    These are some interesting questions ive wanted to ask for a while, but here's a bit of context first as it seems like a super random thing to be bringing up here.

So last year, I attended the World Scout Jamboree (WSJ) in Japan. if that made no sense to you, a Jamboree is an event where scouts all come together and have a week long camp full of fun activities and meeting new people, this being a World Scout Jamboree means that scouts from all over the world came and camped at one camp, there were over 30,000 scouts there at the event and it was one of the best moments of my life.

Ok moving on, so before I went there, I was questioning a lot of things about gender and my sexual orientation, I was beginning to become more educated about a lot more things and was starting to have some dysphonia and questioning with my body, and with how I was interested in people of differing sexes.

Now, at the WSJ, there was a food area that had a bunch of awesome foods that you could buy instead of either eating the foods you got given, or if you wanted to just try some foods from different cultures, fair enough. while I was walking around there, I found a huge tent that was just on LGBT things, and well, I decided id go in with a friend as they just wanted to see what it was, and it got me further intrigued.

I kept going back day after day, and made a friend in there (Ill call her Jenna), and I was able to talk about a lot of things with her. It was the first time I was able to say to someone I don't feel like im a girl, and was able to start displaying myself as more masculine like I wanted to for such a long time. She was perfectly cool with using Male pronouns as soon as I said it, and was perfectly fine with using a name that I thought fit me better at the time. She was also the first one I was able to explain how I was feeling about sexual orientation, and she A) told me it was a perfectly ok thing, as I thought I was a freak for the longest amount of time B) suggested that I am Bisexual or Pansexual, either which felt more comftable. Jenna was so so so supportive, and helped me to accept who I truly am and to meet more people who were feeling the same way as me. I never would of guessed that I would discover so much about myself at the event, and I am so happy that I did :slight_smile:

So with that, my questions I pose are, did you know much about Scouting and its inclusiveness? Have any of you been apart of the Scouting or even Guides movement? If your an outsider to the scouting movement, other than what I just wrote above, what do know about scouts?