1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cooking

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lordjord96, Feb 19, 2009.

1. lordjord96

do you like cooking? if yes what do you like to cook the best? or fav dinner?
    im very good at making trout fillets:eusa_danc and duck:eusa_danc.........yumm:eusa_clap

post here 'do you like cooking? if yes what do you like to cook the best? or fav dinner?'

2. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    to be honest, I have never cooked anything serious besides at school :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. partietraumatic

i luuurve cooking,ive been home alone the past week so done lots of cooking :slight_smile: the best thing i make is probs thai style chicken with spiced basmati rice...its sooo nice. take the chicken,cut it into tiny pieces and put it in a very hot pan,throw some salt on,a bit of pepper,add some shredded chilli,then toss it all while it fries. in the last 2 mins i add in some thai spices and fry some more,and then add the spices to the rice. its AWESOME :grin: nom nom nom lol

4. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess it would be cool, though idk. I never learned to cook anything serious :3

5. lostinthought9

I cannot cook to save my life. *sighs* ...oh well, lol....

6. gutsrie

i can only cook stuff like asian stir-fry and soups. and baking is another story...

7. Grof142007

i cant even cook a egg properly so i cant cook

:frowning2: but i still try nothing can stop me XD it so much fun

8. lordjord96

:confused::eusa_eh:

9. Mickey

I can cook! I love stir fries. I make a mean,chicken,brocchli ,pasta in alfredo sauce. And I'm the only one in my house who can cook steak the right way! I hate baking,though.

10. I love cooking! I've never tried anything too complicated, but my black raspberry pie won a contest once ^_^ I also make some pretty kickass chocolate chip cookies. I also love cooking noodles from scratch... Yum.

11. EM68

I love to cook also. My favorite dish to make is chili.

12. mcrteenagers

I'm a sous-chef at a restaurant here, have worked in the industry for almost 5 years, and went to college for culinary arts.

Favourite thing to cook? Probably Pasta. There's just so much room for creativity.
    To eat? A good steak. Or pasta (pesto cream sauce).

13. kayar

Hey 'lordjord96', you sound a bit 'up-market' there buddy! LOL Trout and duck, don't you know! LOL No, hey good for you. I love REAL food, and I love both duck and trout. But sorry, I think 'crispy fried duck' ruins a gorgeously succulent and rich flavoured meat. Agree/disagree?

Hey, 'partietraumatic' - I'm on my way round!

Me? Yeah I cook fairly well, didn't always know how to though. I think my chicken curry is now about right; so to my Spaghetti Bolognese/Lesagne; as is my chilli-con-carne; my sweet-and-sour pork stir-fry with bean sprouts , mixed vegetables, and water chestnuts; plus some traditional 'brit' dishes such as casserole of beef, meat (beef) pudding, and shepherd's pie.

Followed up with maybe a fruit crumble, a syrup pudding, pears and summer fruits braised in red wine, jam roly-poly (WTF?), or bread pudding.

I'm also known to sometimes make sweet things like chocolate sponge cake, lemon sponge cake, fruit cake, etc.

But look, I've got years on you guys. If I'm totally honest, I could hardly cook at all until I was nearly 40. Then I decided to try and discovered I could do it and actually really enjoyed it. You guys keep it up. Good food, nicely cooked with imagination is one of life's other real pleasures - LOL - no, you really don't need to ask that now do you?

Kayar. X

14. kayar

By the way, 'lordjord96' - nice post. Thanks.

Kayar. X

15. J Schuelke

I absolutely love to cook!! I am always on the hunt for a new recipes to try, but I am kind of limited to the stove top seeing how my oven doesn't work ( the heating coil is shot).

My favorite thing to do is to make up a quick stir fry using assorted vegetables, some type of meat ( usually chicken or pork) and then serve on a bed of rice. People who try it tell me it's awesome!! :thumbsup:

16. Bryan44

I can not cook. I can barely boil water :frowning2:

17. tallship

Jam roly Poly for those interested , good old British puddings for winters nights :slight_smile:

Cooking time 30 mins to 1 hour

Ingredients
    250g/8oz self-raising flour
    pinch salt
    125g/4oz shredded suet
    90-120ml/6-8tbsp water
    4 tbsp raspberry jam, warmed
    a little milk
    1 egg, beaten, and caster sugar to glaze

Method
    1. Sift the flour into a bowl with the salt. Add the suet and sufficient water to create a soft but not sticky dough.
    2. Turn on to a floured board and roll out to a rectangle about 20x30cm/8x12in.
    3. Brush the pastry with the warmed jam, leaving a 1cm/½in border all round.
    4. Fold in this border and brush with milk. With the short side towards you, roll up the pastry loosely and seal the ends well.
    5. Place on a greased baking sheet, with the sealed edge underneath. Brush with the beaten egg and sprinkle with caster sugar.
    6. Bake in the oven at 200C/400F/Gas 6 for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
    7. Remove from the oven, sprinkle on a little more sugar and serve hot with home-made English custard.

:thumbsup: here's a syrup pudding

170g (6oz) Self Raising Flour
    115ml (4fl oz) Milk
    50g (2oz) Margarine
    25g (1oz) Sugar
    25g (1oz) Brown Sugar
    1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
    1 Egg medium, beaten
    1 tsp Vanilla Essence
    3 tbsp Golden Syrup

Sieve the flour.
    Cream the sugars, butter and bicarbonate of soda together until light and fluffy.
    Beat the milk, egg and vanilla essence together.
    Add the milk mixture a little at a time, adding a tablespoon of the flour mixture to prevent curdling.
    Fold in the remaining flour
    Place the golden syrup into a buttered basin.
    Pour the mixture into the basin.
    Cover with pleated greaseproof paper and foil.
    Place in a saucepan of boiling water and steam for about two and half to three hours, topping up the water as necessary.
    Turn out and serve hot with custard enjoy (*hug*)

18. Crackajack

Crackajack Guest

MMMmmmmMMMMmmmm...Jam roly poly ^^

19. MusicIsLife

I love to cook! I think my favourite thing to make is vegetarian sushi and spring rolls, with red miso soup. Mmmm.

20. lordjord96

thank you very much for those two. i wull defanitly try them BOTH :thumbsup::eusa_danc and again thank you.