1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you felt like you just wanna move out and be truly free?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gamergirl99, Mar 28, 2016.

1. gamergirl99

I feel like my family won't accept me and especially my cousin for who we are. We're both gay (les and gay lol) and well, he's going through a hard time with his mom.

Recently, at times, for a long time, I've been wanting to literally move out for college already, augh! I want to experiment already and I want to be free, be myself with my best friend and just love someone without feeling so trapped.

It sucks so much that you can't love someone. That's so sad and I feel for people who are struggling with that..

My cousin usually rants how we both will move out for college and just have a fun time out there and move here and there and such..

I don't mean this in a bad way, I don't hate my family but.. being able to love someone without stress or without having the whole world planted on your shoulders.. isn't that the best thing ever? I don't know yet but I hope it would be..

If our family doesn't accept us, I wouldn't care.. It's our life. I would be an adult by the time and the good thing is that they can't control you. They won't have any rights to hurt you or force you to do something against you. You'll be free..

I know this is just some random thread but I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions. If I sounded rude, I'm sorry; I had a small bad day today.

2. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it's a perfectly normal feeling, not a day goes by that I'm not fantasizing about starting a new life in a better place. And my situation is probably not even as bad, I only still talk to the family members who accept me so I'm not forced to deal with unnacepting family on a daily basis. (Family's divorced and split, I stuck with the more accepting side)

I wouldn't say there's anything abnormal there. You just want to get out and start your life, to feel like you could really love somebody and be happy. There's nothing wrong with that.

(Also, you didn't come off as rude at all?)

3. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Haha my friend one day jokingly said I could live in her garage and I was like "I seriosuly would. I would love that omg". She had to reel back on that hahaha. I'm going to university in September anyway.

4. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, that's how I felt :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

My situation was not nearly as bad, though. My family has no qualms with me being trans or gay. However, my mom is extremely demanding and she's a big stress factor. She's constantly complaining about her situation and I can't do anything to change it, so I end up being frustrated with her. My siblings don't do shit. They're both older than me, but they're not close to moving out. So, every time I'm there, I have to hear my mom complaining about my siblings' inactivity and then she pressures me to not do the same (not like I'd want to).

So, basically, I moved out to study, but also to avoid drama. It's so much better :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. CluelessOne

You and your cousin appear to be living my life a whole world away. I'm finishing high school this year and plan to move out once I have a steady part time job which will let me go to uni and live independently.

Seriously though I'm getting a kindred spirit kinda vibe here ahah

6. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's perfectly normal to feel that way- I think most people have dreamed about moving out from their families at least once before. I know I've done it a ton of times, now. Least you can achieve that, whether it's through uni or anything else- in SG, unless you get into uni or marry someone, it's nearly impossible to live away from your family because the house prices are sky-high.