1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dangerous/odd neighbourhoods. what is it like for you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Harjus, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Harjus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I llive in one of the worst places in my country. Well, it's not so bad really since my country is quite peacefull and so on. But. I am visibly trans.

Last summer I got into a fight. A guy (cis, twice as big as me) attacked me. He was clearly sick, psychotic, he had tried to attack others too. He said he was going to kill me and attacked me. I was only there because he was going to hurt others. I don't know why but after that people who live here respect me differently. I don't remember much of it. I got no injuries but there was blood on me. I remained calm and defended myself and others. My nail must have hit something by accident since a one nail was broken. I tried to protect us both and others too from harm. I didn't hit him. I just tried to get him stay until the police came. The police took the guy away at the end. Since then local people stopped shouting things at me and commenting my appearance. It's kind of odd. I live in the worst place in here but people respect me now. Yeah, it changed to quiet respect.

I like it that I can be at peace but it's still only because of what happened mostly. The odd people in here go to certain bars and know each other so propably they have all heard the strory. Because it is odd that such a small guy is the "winner". But seriously.

2. EnchanterForest

Wow that is bad, I don't think that will happen to me although I haven't started to properly transition yet. The area I currently live is very quiet from what I know, but I don't go out much since all my friends live in the next town over.

3. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That sounds awful, I'm glad you're alright. I guess it's kind of bitter sweet that that had to happen for people to start respecting you for who you are but its good that they are now.

I don't live in the worst neighbourhood by far. Obviously there are places in the city you don't go - drugs and gangs - unfortunately they're the places that are considered very 'black' and 'asian' so stereotypes are reinforced like hell. Not too bad overall, just the usual 'don't go out by yourself after dark' kind of place.

4. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Out of curiosity which country is that? Just to get some perspective.

5. EnchanterForest

Both of us live in England.