1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When children of LGBT couple's speak out against same sex marriage

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by I'm_Danni_x, Mar 30, 2016.

1. I'm_Danni_x

How do you respond? What are your reactions and feelings?
    Those who are similar to this one below
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCrzKsrZ1eg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g4vphO1SkE

It's just something that's been bothering me a great amount lately even though this was uploaded in 2015, it just seems to me that most of them are speaking out against their families.

Plus, is there anyone here who have children with a same sex partner? I'm so confused, hurt, upset, overwhelmed. I don't know who to believe in. Both sides - anti-gay and pro-gay - contradict each other and i feel isolated.

#1 I'm_Danni_x, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think that these people have issues with their parents that they are then projecting onto all LGBT people. It's frustrating, because generally these people are very set in their ways, and there is not a way of explaining to them that not all LGBT people are like their parents.

3. RainDreamer

Because LGBT people have to be infallibly good parents all the time... Raising kids are tough, whether the parents are men, women or anything in between.

4. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    There's this one case where a girl was against her lesbian parents. I looked into a little bit of her background, and I found that she had many issues with her mother divorcing her father and her missing her father. She claimed she could not see her new mother as a replacement of her father. It seemed like she just had "daddy issues", and it seemed she would not be against same-sex marriage if she never grew up with her father in the first place.

I find that children against same-sex marriage who grew up in same-sex couples often have underlying reasons to be against same-sex marriage that both: they are not mentioning and are independent of same-sex marriage (meaning they would happen regardless of whether or not same-sex marriage is legal).

#4 Skaros, Mar 30, 2016
  5. springroll

springroll Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I read about it last year. I was sad to read it. Now, I'm over it. Gonna get those stinky babies adopted some day.

6. FreshApple

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Wow.. just wow. My jaw dropped.

The way she is telling it is like all LGBT people are the same. Her mothers told her she has no father, etc.

Somewhere in the second video she even says that gay marriage should be/stay illegal. What does that have to do with she being a child of a gay couple? I see no relation at all.

I see so many straight couples here making babies like rabbits while they have no money and then eventually divorce.. I cannot imagine that's better than a gay couple that put a LOT of effort to get a child.

7. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I totally agree with this

8. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Another reason why I'm never having kids.

9. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, that first girl really annoyed me. I didn't end up watching the second video. She's just generalising her experience and annoyance at her parents for why no same-sex couples should allowed to have children. And anyway, what if couples don't want children? What if they just want to get married and live their lives happily together? It was her parents fault for not telling her about her dad when she asked about him, it's nothing to do with them being gay! She's blaming all of her depression and mental health problems on being brought up by 2 lesbians. I was brought up by divorced parents in a very unstable home where I had to deal with a lot of shit growing up but there's nothing for me to say "we shouldn't allow divorce". She's only saying all of this and blaming the LGBT community because it's in the media at the moment and she has a podium to stand on.

It's complete bull saying "children deserve to have two parents of the opposite sex". No. Children deserve to have a loving family, who stay together and raise a child morally, care for the child and bring them up in a good home. Who cares what gender the parents are?! The amount of straight couples who are abusing kids, adopting them just to get the money that comes with it, divorcing or seperating and causing trauma in early childhood. I get that the girl didn't have a very good upbringing but that can happen with parents of any gender. She's directing all of her anger and upset the complete wrong way. It should be going directly to her parents, not the rest of the LGBT movement.

Wow that really got me worked up.

---------- Post added 30th Mar 2016 at 08:23 PM ----------

(took too long to edit the last post)

Just watched the second video "Gay people in this country, we have equality, do we need to give them marriage" Hahaha wow. I'm so done. If she thinks that queer couples have equal rights and are respected and treated the same way as hetero people then she's got another thing coming. Also, when she said that she found it disgusting that homophobia is compared to racism. No? They're comparable. They're both minority groups who are being discriminated against by the majority for aspects of themselves that can't and shouldn't need to be controlled. They're exactly comparable forms of discrimination. I don't know what she's on about there.

#9 Aberrance, Mar 30, 2016
  10. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    These people have problems that they should be discussing in therapy, not the public eye via the media. Most people aim to rebel against their parents at some point in life and yes some want to hurt them. For these people it is the most hurtful thing they can do to their parents to punish them for whatever the real issue is.

For some kids of same sex couples it may genuinely be that they were let down by their parents when they failed to address the bullying they received or confusion etc. In that case, they will use this public declaration of detachment from their parents in hope that they will be accepted by the people that have outcast them in the past. Those people being the same ones that are currently abusing their vulnerability to further their own anti-LGBT cause.

Consider the number of people that would speak out against their parents for separating (and remarrying) or enforcing their 'normal' values if the media showed an interest in condemning heterosexual parenting - I imagine it would run into the millions.

Not every parent gets it right, not every child is grateful. Sadly that's just life. Don't hate these people, just hope they get the help they need to live a happy life because although they may appear damaging to our cause, I doubt that many people really take them very seriously.